Chapter 14: Yuta Okkotsu Returns & The Culling Game Begins!

Start from the beginning

"Let's go." I finally spoke up in a firm tone, causing the boys to look over at me. "Right now we have to take care of as many cursed spirits as possible."

They both immediately agreed to my words without a protest before the three of us walked out of the mall and made our way back to the streets.

Time passed by as Yuji, Choso, and I kept on working together as a team, killing off curse spirits one after another without any sort of complication. Right now, standing alone on a bridge, Yuji clapped his hands together multiple times to draw out several cursed spirits where he led them down into an underpass where Choso and I appeared from a different directions, startling the curses before killing most of them with a single Piercing Blood-shot and blue Hellflames respectively while the remaining cursed spirits were crushed against the wall by Yuji himself.

"Good job, Yuji." I complimented him with a warm smile gracing my features after killing off all the cursed spirits.

"Thanks, Nana, You too." Yuji smiled back at me while Choso walked over and stood beside the pink-haired boy.

"As impressive as ever, little brother..." Choso stated and Yuji gave him a deadpan look.

"Are you still calling me that?" Yuji asked awkwardly, sweat-dropping.

"I'll keep calling you that over and over." Choso responded back before his facial expression became quite serious. "Try to recollect, Yuji... After all your father had stitches on his forehead, didn't he?"

Both Yuji and I gave him a confused look, wondering what he was talking about. As far as I remembered, Yuji once told me that he never knew his mother and his memory of his father was all unclear and blurry. The only family member he could remember and know was his own paternal grandfather who passed away months ago.

"I don't see Megumi. Am I the only one here? Is that possible? Is he that slow?"

All of a sudden, a familiar masculine voice spoke up from behind us, causing me to go rigid on my spot in surprise and concern before I slowly turned around to face the man who was now standing on top of the railing of a bridge over us.

What the hell is he doing here right now?!

"Naoya-san?" I called out in a confused yet careful tone, not so sure about the intentions of this Zenin man.

"Who's he?" Yuji asked as he and Choso looked back and forth between me and Naoya in confusion.

"Naoya Zenin. Maki senpai and Mai-san's cousin." I replied, furrowing my eyebrows at the Zenin man.

"It's great to see you again, Nana." Naoya smirked at me before giving us a confused look. "By the way, what are you three doing? You totally stand out. Don't you want to run?"

"Run?" Yuji questioned again, raising an eyebrow.

"Huh? Don't you know? Your death sentence is back on since Satoru's support is gone." Naoya replied.

"Huh?" Choso asked, frowning at the older man in pure anger.

"My business is with Megumi, so I honestly don't care if you live or die. But I can't have you scampering around, so I'll start by breaking your legs." Naoya stated smugly and that was when I became quite defensive.

"What do you want with Megumi?" I asked in a demanding tone.

"I think I'll have him die. But it would help if he wrote a little something first." Naoya smirked and my eyes darkened at his words in fury.

"Die? What do you mean by dying?!" I snapped, clenching my fists.

"Haven't you heard? Megumi is the new head of the Zenin clan." Naoya responded back boredly and my eyes went wide open in surprise.