"Norman! I forged the promise so now everyone can escape to the human world! You don't have to fight anymore!" Emma gives a hopeful smile whistle walking towards her friend.

Ray, Dazai and Chuuya followed along behind.

Ray was more focused on the conversation and processing everything while Chuuya was avoiding anything that would dirty his shoes. A habit from having expensive shoes.

Dazai, being a menace to the society, was on purposely stepping on the dead body parts, making a satisfying crunch in each step. It's surprising, yet not that Dazai wasn't slipping on the blood that covered the dead bodies.

Chuuya turns around and sees his partner jumping on a bunch of dead bodies as if they were a jumping castle and sighs. How childish.

"It's already too late. Impossible now. The monarchy has collapsed. We've put a lethal fissure in this demon society, one they can't recover from. The thing left to do is destroy it. Don't get in the way."

Emma looks down, taking in every word and every possible response she should say.

"No way! I've decided not to sacrifice yourself again! I won't let you go alone!"

"What are you talking about? Didn't I tell you I'm not going anywhere?"

"I can't trust you! You're a liar! You can't fool me! I'm not an idiot! We can see through all your tricks! It must be so painful! The Norman infront of me looks like a trembling child!"

Norman's head seems to dart through his memories. A trembling child?

Dazai stopped jumping for a moment and watched Norman's face in amusement.

"Don't come any closer." Norman puts his hand out. He's going to need a better shield to block a determined person like Emma.

"No way! I would let you go this time!!" Emma grabs his hand. " Your stronger a d kinder than anyone else but you're just as cowardly and arrogant! Your not alone anymore! I want to walk alongside you!"

"Your family and your siblings are your friends. Don't be so reserved. We don't want a future where you end up suffering. No matter what that results in. And you? What do you want?" Ray speaks firmly.

"It's no good... You're already to late... I'm at a place where I can't just go back... You can't walk along me." Norman retreats backwards.

"We know. About the poison... What you planned to do with Mujka and Sonju... The experiment in the basement..."

"Let's all figure this out together! Let's live on, Norman!"

Norman embraces them in a warm hug. Tears streaming out his face.

"But really... It's pointless..." His voice turns shakey. "We don't have much longer to live... We can't live on... H-help me..."

Chuuya pats Norman on his back and Dazai gives a comforting smile.

Dazai could imagine the pain and burden that was on Norman's shoulders.

"Boss... What are you taking about?"

"You... Should be fine..."

"You're a perfect sample from grace field... The lone exception..."

Norman looks down. "It was true that I was by myself... But I underwent the same experiments are you all... My spasms have already progressed to level 4..."

"No way!"

"How could you lie to us!"

"I'm sorry.. I just wanted to be a leader that you could trust and not worry about... I'm so sorry."