Part 24

Using the makeshift masks that some of their family had made, they ran from hiding spot to another hiding spot to not direct attention to themselves.

"The festival has already started." Emma worryingly glances at the town.

"Norman must be at the heart of the ceremonial grounds... Inside the castle." Ray speaks.

"... We have to hurry." Emma grips her fists. The four nod as an signal to head to the castle.

"AAAAAAAAHHHH!" A scream comes from a young demon girl, making everyone flinch and step back, only to be pushed back after a big and awfully bright explosion.

Crates filled with all sorts of fruit and goods were broken, ruined, tattered and scattered.

Smoke emitted from the burning pieces of wood.

Bricks and walls turned to ruins and rubble. Stalls and structures, broken and fallen.

Some demons were crushed under the fallen debris. The ones who weren't dead were heavily injured and others were mourning for their fallen friends and family.

This was a part of Norman's plans. Although the explosion didn't have a large range, there wasn't only one of them.

"It's begun... We took to long and Norman's attacks have started...!!" Ray clicks his tongue.

Dazai was counting the explosions he could hear as his eyes dart around at the directions of where the explosions were.

One... Two... Three, four... Five, six, seven, eight... Nine, ten...

It was pointless to count-

There were just too many.

"Emma? Dazai? Chuuya? Ray?!"

Hearing their names, the four turn around.

"Don! Gilda!"

The two approaches the four with open arms, hugging them tight.

With Don and Gilda was Hayato and a girl who was introduced as Aishe aswell as two familiar friendly demons, Mukja and Sonju.

(Apologies for the constant change of names for Mujka/Musica. I'll change it when I edit the story)

Emma, quickly explaining the situation to the group of 6, gets given a communicator from Sonju.

After parting ways, Emma, Ray, Dazai and Chuuya get back on track with their original plan they made 10 minutes ago.

Entering the tower, all entrances were closed except a small vent.

After giving Dazai a boost, Chuuya floats himself along with Emma and Ray up.

Crawling around the sharp corners, they find an exit with a grate just blocking them.

Giving it a stern kick, Dazai jumps down and readies his hand to catch Chuuya when he falls.

Chuuya jumps down and grabs one on Dazai's sturdy hands and softly lands. Dazai smiles at the small sign of deep trust and they both wait for the other two to get down.

"There!" Ray point a large pair of double doors."

Pushing the doors showed the chaos which was with in.

Bleeding, dead bodies laid still. Cleanly cut ligaments, scattered. Walls, decorated with a crimson, dripping liquid.

"Norman!" Emma cries out.

"I'm sorry... It's to late now... Emma."

"All of them..." Ray glances around the room.

"...Have been killed." Norman smiles sadly. "They killed each other, all of them."