ғιғтεεη

Começar do início

"I haven't said anything." She teased and stepped over something that exploded making Druig immediately shield both of us.

"Stay calm, T! Please!" Phastos screeched and when we looked down, it was a bag of chips. "Oh... It's just chips."

"Ha! Phastos is a coward!" I laughed and barged into the lab. "What the... YOU'VE BEEN HERE THIS WHOLE TIME! MAKKARI, WHAT THE FUCK!? AND- Wait... Is that my favorite book? Gimme it!"

I raced over to Makkari and tackled her into a hug.

"How did she run so fast in those heels!?" Phastos exclaimed and we both laughed.

"She's ran longer distances with higher heels. Kingo learned to fear for his life in 2016." Druig explained. "I have it on video."

"Ready to go home?" Makkari asked once I pulled away and I pursed my lips looking down. "Vena?"

"I'm not telling her. It's too painful." Sprite said walking to her usual corner in the lab.

"Karri... Gil's dead. I'm so sorry." Thena whispered walking up to us and Makkari shook her head frantically. "He is, little one. I got triggered and he told me to stay... After that, he died."

"But he's the strongest... He can't die! We don't die!" Makkari signed shakily and I lowered her hands with a small nod.

"We have a lot to talk about, Karri." Druig walked up and pulled her into a hug once she started crying. "We miss him too."

"Oh God, this is too painful to watch." Phastos mumbled and walked away.

"Who killed him?"

"A Deviant in the Amazons. They're back and we were ambushed. That's why we're here." I signed back and took her from Druig's grasp. "Dad's in peace now, Karri. He died doing what he does best, protecting us and kicking ass."

"Karri, let's take a walk. Just you and me." Thena signed taking Makkari's hand and turned to us. "I'll try to explain to her as best as I can. We'll be back later."

"No, I'm okay. I promise." Makkari wiped her tears sitting down next to Kingo and fumbled with her ring.

"Kingo?" I gave him a look and he nodded taking Makkari's hand and started to explain everything to her. "She's taking it better than I thought."

"That's because everyone's here and the news hasn't quite settled in yet, Aphrodite. Give her a few hours." Thena sighed and walked away.

"You know how she is. The strongest of the children and the protector of the sunshine and the bastard." Druig added and I sighed grabbing the Emerald tablet and handed it to him. "How did she-"

"Sticky fingers, remember?"

...

He killed her... Ikaris killed her.

He will betray you all.

"So... How did you end up scoring this Emerald Tablet, my sweet, sweet Makkari?"

"How much did you bargain for it?" I joined in on the teasing and she smirked taking it back. "I wanna know! You had better not sold my favorite Hathor statue because I'll lose my shit."

"Did you miss us?" Druig asked with a smirk and Makkari smiled.

"I'm sorry... What are we watching?" Phastos asked.

"This has to be new, because I hate it." Kingo said and I flipped him off. "Thanks, Vena. I love you too."

"Phastos, I need to control a Celestial. How exactly am I supposed to do that? I can barely control Vena's mind these days." Druig asked placing his arms over mine and Makkari's shoulders.