Safe... for now

After what felt like forever the car came to a stop. Bucky got out and walked around the car and opened my door. He unbuckled my seatbelt before carrying me inside. He carried me to a room which looked like a hospital room and then set me on a bed.

"Friday tell Bruce to come to the med bay," he said as he pulled the sheets over me. "I'm going to get you help don't worry."

A few moments later a man came. He was middle aged has wavy hair and glasses. "What is is Barnes?"

Bucky whispered something to the man, Bruce, I guess. Then Bruce looked at me and smiled weakly. "Hey Miss Emerlee, I'm going to get you started on some IV fluids ok?" He said.

"No no no," I said as I tried to get out of bed.

"Miss Emerlee, I'm trying to help you." Bruce said as he attempted to push me back into bed. "Bucky, I need your help."

"Come here Doll. I won't let him hurt you ok?" Bucky said as he climbed into bed and pulled me into his lap. "I won't let anyone ever hurt you ok?" He whispered as I felt the needle go into my arm.

"Promise? Not even Vlad?" I asked.

"Not even Vlad. You won't ever have to go back to him. I'll make sure if that." He said as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up the next day in an unfamiliar room. Then I turned and saw Bucky in the corner sleeping in an arm chair. "Hey," I said.

He opened his eyes blinked a few times before responding, "Morning doll."

"Have you been here this whole time?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"Why?"

"Because you my dear are on suicide watch until I decide that you aren't." He said crossing his arm.

"Really? I'm fine Bucky." I said getting out of bed and walking into the bathroom.

He followed as he said, "that's exactly what someone who isn't fine would say. Nope you're stuck with me."

"Well then at least have some decency and turn around." I said. When he turned around, I pulled down my pants and sat on the toilet to pee. After I finished I began to wash my hands. "Am I allowed to shower in my own?" I rolled my eyes "or are you gonna watch me do that too."

Bucky sighed, "I'll turned around while you get in the shower but I'm staying here." He said not looking down at the floor. "Come with me I'll get you some new clothes." He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a room down the hall. It was fairly empty just a bed and dresser. He pulled a few things out of the drawers. "You look about Wanda's size. These should fit." He said as he handed me a pair of black sweatpants and a blue Tshirt.

"Thanks." I said as we headed back to my room.

I went back into the bathroom and turned on the shower water. Bucky turned around as I undressed and stepped into the shower.

"So, what's your story?" I asked as I lathered shampoo into my hair.

"Well..." he said. "Believe it or not I'm 106. You know the winter soldier?" He asked.

"Of course I do. Who doesn't?" I said and I washed the suds from my hair.

"That was me." He said.

"Oh I'm so sorry Bucky." My heart filled with compassion all I wanted to do was hug this man. Not evening taking the time to turn off the water I opened the shower curtain slightly grabbing my towel. Bucky closed his eyes quickly before he could see much of anything. And the then I hugged him drenching his clothes in the process.

"I uh, are you ok?" He asked as he put his arms around me.

"Oh buck," I cried. "You know what it's like to be held prisoner. I'm so sorry."

"It's ok. I'm free now." He said as he looked down at me. "Are you done with your shower?"

"Yeah," I said as he turned off the water. I began to shiver which he noticed so he turned his back once more so I could get dressed.