3. the destroyer of worlds

Start from the beginning

        Deke shook his head, "No, Rosie that's worse," he affirmed. "If it's real. It'll be a massacre," he said quietly.

        "Can't you just accept the fact that Rose and I might be right about this one?" Tess asked him, tired of the attitude that he was giving the two.

        "We have bigger problems to deal with," Deke said ignoring Tess's question and looking back at the group of S.H.I.E.L.D agents they left behind. "I'm not gonna tell you this again," he said putting his hands on Tess's shoulders. "Get them to blend in." Deke walked away from the two girls, probably off to scam more people with his gallery.

        Rose didn't feel like following him at the moment. She really hated the Gallery. But every time she brought it up to Deke he would give her some lame excuse about how it gives him business and that she was just too paranoid. Sure, it was impressive, but Rose was not one to trust strange technology. Rose watched as Daisy passed by them quickly.

        "You handle the others," Rose whispered to her quickly. "I'll follow her," she said pointing to Daisy.

        "You're not gonna do after Deke?" Tess asked.

        Rose shook her head slowly, "No. He needs to blow off some much needed steam," she explained.

        Tess tilted her head, "You would definitely help with that," she told Rose.

        Rose rolled her eyes, "Maybe, but, I don't wanna push it."

        "Okay," Tess answered. "Good luck."

        The two went their separate ways, Rose following Daisy through the crowded hallway while Tess went to deal with the other agents. Rose wasn't entirely sure what Daisy was doing, she didn't seem like the type to wander off by herself, but Rose didn't know much about her. It didn't take long for Daisy to slip through the crowded hallway and into a more secluded one. Where she could get a better look at who, or what, Daisy was chasing.

        Rose turned the corner and caught a glimpse of the back of a brunette man's head, and she knew exactly who it was. Daisy was following Deke, but why? What did they think he was capable of, did they think she was capable of those things as well. Was someone following her? Rose looked behind her and saw no one, breathing a sigh of relief.

        She turned back around and was met with a strong hand on her shoulder, pushing her against the metal wall of the hallway. Rose looked up and was met with the eyes of Daisy. "Why are you following me?" she asked, her voice in a low whisper. "Did Deke put you up to this?"

        Rose shook her head, "No!" she said. "He doesn't know I'm here, and he also doesn't know you're following him. I just, do you need help-"

        Daisy took her hand of the girl's shoulder. "What?" she asked, a little surprised by Rose's offer to help Daisy with whatever she was doing. "Why would you help me?"

        "You wanna know where he's going right? I happen to know the answers," Rose said quickly, afraid that Daisy would pin her against the wall once more. "Look, I know you guys don't trust him and you probably have very valid reasons for that. But for me. Me, I'm an open book. You basically know all you need to know about me, so you have no reason to distrust me. I promise."

        "He's your friend, you're offering to help me spy on your friend?" she asked, skeptical of Rose's actions.

        "Yes, I'll help you spy on him," Rose said instantly.

        Daisy chuckled, "Okay let's see what you are made of," she said, grabbing Rose's hand and carefully walking down the hallway with her.

        "See what I'm made of?" Rose questioned.