Chapter 26 - Life Can Be Better

Start from the beginning

Hussain's P.O.V

I sat down on the steps outside. I felt so suffocated. Mixed feelings. That's what I was feeling. Yes, I still loved Zara. But she was probably over me, making the whole situation awkward. Ugh. This was so complicated.
"Hussain?" I heard a sweet voice call me. I turned my head and saw her standing there. She came and sat down next to me.
"Hi." I smiled. This was the first time I was speaking to her since I had left her house in Pakistan.
"You're not well?" She asked.
"Nahi, main theek hoon. (No I'm okay.) Just a bit tired." I assured. How was I feeling so peaceful?
"When did you wake up?"
"About 4am."
"Start going to bed earlier. It'll help." Zara said.
"How is Saad?" I asked. Zara looked down at the floor.
"Good."
"And your son?" I asked. There was a crack in my voice. She noticed it as well.
"S-same." She stammered. Suddenly we heard a cough behind us. We both turned.
"Guys, it's your turn." Waqas smiled and went back inside. We glanced at each other and went back in. We changed our outfits and went to Nosh api. I looked at Zara. She was wearing a blue and silver lehenga while I wore a blue shirt. She was looking so beautiful. Our eyes met and she looked away. Our first shot was us together with my arm around Zara's waist and her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her while she looked at me. Nosh api started to take pictures. I looked into her eyes. This time she couldn't look away. I felt like hugging her but I knew I couldn't.
"Okay guys, next shot." Nosh api ordered. This time, I had to carry Zara in a bridal style while her arms went around my neck. Our eyes were still in contact with each other, reminding me of the time she fell over during the Yaari shooting. If only we could go back.
After a few more shots, we changed and we hung around with Atif and Arisha while Faiza had her picture taken. I chatted with Atif, occasionally looking over at Zara.
"Sain? Did you hear what I said?" Atif said.
"Huh?" I looked at him. Atif rolled his eyes.
"I said, I'm coming over to your house tomorrow, remember?" He asked.
"Oh yeah." I answered shortly. I looked over at Zara, who was smiling at Arisha. How did she manage to make me speechless?"

The next day, Atif came over and we talked about the movie, fixing up some of the stuff. While we were planning some of the venues, Ayaan came running.
"Atif chachu!" He said, leaping on Atif. Atif put Ayaan on his lap and kissed his cheek.
"Hey Ayaan. Kaise ho? (How are you?)" Atif asked.
"Theek hoon. (Fine.)" Ayaan grinned. While we worked, Ayaan watched us from Atif's lap.
"Okay, let's leave it for today. I'm tired." Shehry sighed, laying back. I sighed. Movies were hard work.
"Abu, can we go to the park?" Ayaan asked.
"Beta abhi nahi. I am so thaki! (Son not now. I am so tired!)" Shehry said in Maryum's voice. The three of us laughed.
"Abu, please?" Ayaan pouted.
"Ayaan, I'll go with you." Atif offered.
"Yay! Thank you! And Sain chachu?" Ayaan looked at me. I smiled and nodded.
"Yaaaaaay! Chalo! (Let's go!)" Ayaan cheered, tugging us by the hand. We went to the park and sat down on the bench while Ayaan played.

Zara's P.O.V

I yawned.
"Zara, tum bhi na. (Zara, you're too much.) How come you're always tired?" Lia giggled. Lia was my boss. She was more like a friend to me though.
"Mom, can we go to the park?" Sahil asked again.
"Sahil, how many times have I told you? After work, I'll take you." Lia sighed.
"Is Zara coming?" Sahil asked excitedly from on top of my desk. I nodded, smiling.
"Yes! Can we go now then? Zara's not busy." Sahil asked. Lia rolled her eyes.
"Fine. But be back soon. Zara does actually has work to do." Lia laughed. Sahil jumped off my desk and we went together to the park. I held Sahil's hand and we walked towards the playground. Before we could reach it, someone called out my name.
"Zara!" I turned around to see Atif! Damnit! What was he doing here? Atif waved and walked towards me when I saw the person behind me. Hussain. Damnit! What do I do now?
"Hey Zara." Atif smiled at me.
"Hi. What are you guys doing here?" I smiled back, trying not to show my nervousness.
"Ayaan wanted to come to the park." Atif explained. He looked at Sahil.
"And this must be your son." Atif said quietly.
"No, I'm not her son!" Sahil piped up. No!
"What?" Atif frowned.
"I'm Sahil. Zara is my mom's friend." Sahil smiled. No! Atif looked at me.
"Zara?" Hussain spoke. I looked at him.
"Is he telling the truth?" Hussain asked.
"Sahil, why don't you come with me? Let's play." Atif said, taking Sahil by the hand and taking him to the playground. I quickly turned around and walked off to get away from Hussain.
"Zara!" I heard him call me but I didn't stop.