3 | Night at the SHIELD Medical Ward

"Fury, what the hell do you want? It's my day off--"

"The Winter Soldier's been hit. You need to get here now, the quinjet will be here in fifteen minutes. No one else is qualified--"

"I'll be there in five," Lisa said, ending the call and grabbing her things before rushing to her car and driving off.

She arrived at the Avengers Compound a few minutes before the quinjet landed, prepping the operating theatre as nurses rushed around at her command. Just as she was ready with her equipment, waiting outside the operating theatre in the hall, the double doors burst open and in came Captain America and Black Widow, rolling the Winter Soldier in on a stretcher. Lisa rushed to the side of the bed, seeing the man bleeding from his abdomen, the wind running deep and looking incredibly painful.

"What happened?" She asked quickly.

"He got stabbed on what was supposed to be a simple stakeout." Black widow said.

"God, it looks deep. Okay, I'm gonna need you two to wait outside." Lisa said as a nurse and an anaesthetist entered the operating theatre with her and the two heroes nodded, allowing Lisa to do her job.

She emerged a few hours later, and tired heads snapped up to look at her. More Avengers had gathered outside waiting for news of Bucky's state.

"He's in stable condition," Lisa said, and a collective breath of relief was released.

"For now. No visitors until I can guarantee his safety. Now it's late, get some rest." Lisa said, folding her arms at the group of heroes like they were her kids.

"He might not make it?" Steve asked worriedly, and Lisa wanted to 'aw' at his slight puppy dog eyes and pout but held back. She may be friends with the Avengers, particularly the original six, after saving their lives so many times but had to remain somewhat professional.

"Don't worry, Spangles. I'll make sure your boyfriend's okay. Just go relax. Heroes shouldn't be losing sleep, what if there's an emergency tomorrow?" Lisa asked.

"But--"

"No, no buts. Eat something. Take a nap. I'll look after him, it's my job after all." Lisa said, giving them a half-smile and they eventually caved, slowly leaving the medical ward.

Lisa came back in to check on her patient, taking a look at his vitals and making sure he was still mostly stable. She moved him out of the operating theatre very carefully, putting him up in the room nearest to her office, leaving the doors open so she could check on him easily. She began to fill in the reports, keeping an eye on Bucky and playing some low-level music as the atmosphere calmed down drastically.

Eventually, she had finished most of the paperwork and Bucky wasn't waking up, so she picked up her phone and rang one of her most recently called contacts.

"Hello? Pansy?" She asked, putting it on speaker as she rearranged the papers and filed away a few things, cleaning up here and there.

"Hi, Mom, are you okay?" Pansy asked, and Lisa hummed in response.

"Fine, honey. The Winter Soldier ran into some trouble during a stakeout. He appears to be alright now, but I'm going to stay here until he wakes up, just to be sure. I might not be home tonight, sorry." Lisa apologised.

"Aw, it's fine, Mom! Uh, I hope you don't mind, but Logan's over, along with Dorian. Leon bought sushi and we're watching movies." Pansy explained.

"Dorian?" Lisa asked.

"Ah, the new kid. He's pretty cool. Think Leon likes him--"

"What? Paz, what'd you say?" Leon shouted from further away.