answers needed

───── ⋆⋅ 𖤍 ⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅ 𖤍 ⋅⋆ ─────

Yelena stops slowly in front of the mailbox saying "Home sweet home. It smells like cow shit."

I look to her and say "Better than pig shit."

She narrows her eyes at me saying "Touché."

I open my door and she says "Do you need me to help you to the door?"

I grab my things and say "No. I wouldn't put you through that."

She nods and says "Let me get your bag out of the back."

She hops out of the car and I slide out of the car, trying to navigate the gravel pavement with one good leg.

I make my way to the hatch back and she says "Here's your crutch. Then your things. Your bloodied clothes that need to be washed immediately. Are you sure you can walk up there by yourself?"

I smile as I think of Nat, on my first day of kindergarten. Yelena says "What? What's so funny?"

I shake my head and say "Nothing. Nothing."

Around 2006-2007:

"Okay. So this is your new school. You'll get to meet a bunch of friends and you'll get to do arts and crafts all the time. You're going to love it."

I glare at the school saying "I already do that with you."

Nat's smile turns into a frown and she says "Come on, moose. Let's at least give it a try okay?"

I shake my head and she says "I'll walk you up. I'll be with you every step of the way."

Looking at the kids through my window as they spaz around and scream. I shake my head "No.. I want to go home. I want to stay with you. I don't want to go."

Nat turns the car off and climbs into the back seats with me. She pushes the red hair out of my eyes saying "School's supposed to be so fun. Come on, what's it gonna take for you to go in?"

I pout and hold tightly to her arm. She unbuckled me and says "How about I walk you up and I stay here the whole day. Just in case you need me."

I look to her and say "Stay with me?"

She nods saying "I will park right here and I'll stay here the whole time."

I look to the kids and slowly nod "okay."

She lifts me out of the car seat and sets me on my feet. I squeeze her hand tightly as we walk through the lawn and onto the pathway.

She looks down to me smiling as her eyes water. She says "You ready?"

I nod slowly and she opens the main hall doors. We step in and I move closer to her. Hooking my small fingers into her belt loop.

She rests a hand on my back as I hold tightly to her side. She comes to a stop and says "Alright. This is it, munch."