Chapter 18

Crowley's POV
~~~~~~~

* a few hours later*

"You never said we were going to bloody kill her!" I yell, outraged at the man in front of me. I pace back and forth across the brick-filled floor. The man scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Of course we're going to kill her. What, did you think we'd scare her - make her cry and beg for mercy?" he glares at me harshly before sitting down at the throne-like chair that is behind the huge table between us. I look at him in disbelief and raise my hands while running a hand through my short hair.

"Yes, actually, I did think we were going to do that, Lucifer. I never agreed to hurt a little girl. I'm the King of Hell, not some child killer. I'm not one of those demons out there hurting everybody. I have feelings and a heart; unlike you." I yell at him, and Lucifer stands up, the chair screeching as it skids across the floor. He slams his fists on the table and raises his voice, it booming and echoing throughout the room.

"No, Crowley. You listen here; you've become soft. Over a crush. You're pathetic, Crowley. Just get over it and kill the fucking kid. Learn your place in the world. Just because I gave you the throne, doesn't mean you tell me what to do. I am the true ruler here. I am the one who made you King. I am the one who commands you to kill her." His voice raises to the last part and I growl. I glare at him and stop pacing.

"Goddamnit Lucifer. You're hard headed. We're talking about killing a 10-year-old girl here. 10 for god's sake. She's just a child; she doesn't know what the world is besides what it is today. She probably doesn't remember her life before this. Before you came and decided to destroy everything and everyone. These-these humans and angels had lives. They had families just like you did and just like I did. But because of your selfishness, they don't have that anymore." I take a breath after what I said and Lucifer falls silent. He walks over to me and I stand taller, still being a good foot and a half taller than him. He looks at me before jerking his hand to the side, sending me flying into the table, causing it to break and shatter. Black spots cover my vision- tho I'm a demon it still hurt.

"Don't deny or question my authority Crowley. Learn where you stand for once. That girl will be killed either you like it or not." He glares before walking out of the room, slamming the oak doors behind him, leaving me to fix the pieces by myself.