Chapter 14: The new home of the triplets

The following day, after Tom's truck was repaired, Tom and Maddie were in the middle of fixing up their house.

"You sure you got enough there?" Tom asked, jokingly almost getting Maddie with his paint roller, getting a small chuckle out of her

Just then, they herd some knocking on the front door. So, they set their paint tools down and walk over to the door. When they opened the door, they were surprised to see that it was Commander Walters(The one from around when Robotnik was first hired).

"Mr. and Mrs. Wachowski." Walters comments

"Yes??" Tom responds

Walters reached into his suit and handed Tom an envelope.

"A bit of a token of appreciation from your government about keeping quiet about the recent events." Walters responds

Tom looked at the envelope and was a bit confused yet excited.

"Wonder what it is." Tom comments

"I'm hoping it's money to fix the house." Maddie saysa

"Oh, on that topic." Walters starts, clapping his hands

A couple of soldiers brought a massive check and handed it to them carefully. It was a check for around 20,000 bucks, enough to fix the house and still have some to spare.

"Wow!" Tom comments, impressed as he set it carefully down. "So I guess I could have the GHPD close our file on that Robotnik guy, huh? He sorta just vanished."

"As long as you continue to keep quiet, do what you please about your police department's knowledge of him." Walters comments

"Okay." Tom comments, setting the envelope down

The soldiers that handed the check to the two then walked back to the SUV they were standing by.

"By any chance, have you two been in contact with a group of muylti colored space creatures recently?" Walters asks

The two looked at each other before realizing who Commander Walters meant.

"Oh, you mean the little blue guy and his green brother and pink sister?" Tom comments. "No, haven't seen them for a while. Doubt we'll hear from them again for a while."

Walters nodded before walking off after closing the door, Tom finally opening the letter and it was a bit of a 'Thank you' letter from the President of France considering some of the damage Robotnik did to France during the world wide chase, adn a gift card for a world wide french restaurant chain.

"hm. guess they ended up going across France when chased by Robotnik." Tom comments, setting the stuff down for later usage. "Heard that restaurant chain is pretty good, too."

The three hedgehogs poked their heads out from behind the couch after Commander Walters had left.

"So, you guys wanna watch a movie or what?" Sonic asked

"Sorry, buddy,it's a school night. It's time for you three to go back to your cave." Maddie responds

"What???? It's 3:00 in the afternoon!" Sonic responded

"You know how you get when you're tired, come on." Tom comments

When Sonic went to leave the door,his siblings quietly snickered before Tom asks, "Hey, where you going?"

"You said we have to go back to our cave." Sonic responded

Everyone else looked at each other before Tom said, "Yeah, we did."

At east a minute later, Tom opened the stairs up to the attic with Maddie, Sonia, Manic, and Sonic there as well. Sonic slowly poked his head up into the attic and looked around. Everything from the old cave was there. Everything from his race car bed to his washing machine gym.

"Oh my-are you kidding me?" Sonic said sounding amazed as he fully stepped into the attic

Tom and Maddie stepped up into the attic as Sonic ran around looking a everything that was there to double check he wasn't imagining things.

"I love it, I love it, I love it!" Sonic said as he jumped on his bed laying on his back

Tom and Maddie sat down next to Sonic on his bed.

"Well....welcome home." Maddie said

"Thank you......so much." Sonic said

We see the camera pan out through a skylight. Birds were chirping and flying. The triplets had a new home at last. Somewhere safe to stay and they wouldn't have to feel alone.

THANK YOU FOR READING
SONIC UNDERGROUND: REIMAGINED

But wait!! There's more!

On the mushroom planet, Robotnik had grown a large mustache. He was shaving his head as he looked at his reflection in some dirty water.

"My grasp on sanity remains.....absolute." Robotnik said

Robotnik then turns to a rock that has grown moss and looks like Agent Stone's face and said, "Isn't that right, Agent Stone?"

Robotnik picked up the rock and said, "Why don't you get a head start."

Robotnik then threw the rock as hard as he could.

"Do some ROCKconnisance!" Robotnik said as he chuckled a little. "ROCKconnisance. Come on, that's hilarious! What's the matter with you?" he added as he slapped one of the nearby mushrooms

He picked up the screen strap he had set on the ground and put it on his wrist.

"Here's the sitch: Un-inhabited planet." Robotnik started

He then put on the metal chunk he was using as a carrying bag that had a few bagged things on it.

"No resources, no supplies. No apparent way home." Robotnik added

Robotnik scoffed a little.

"A lesser man would die here." he stated as he pulled up the canister still with Sonic's quill in it. "I'll be home by Christmas."

Robotnik then lowered his goggles and started walking and made robotic noises while he walked. He came to a stop by where the rock he threw earlier and he picked up the rock and threw it again. This time, it got over to the next giant mushroom.

"ROCKCONNISANCE!!!" Robotnik shouted as he laughed more, still not even hearing a slight chuckle. "Come on, cheer up!!"