Part 119 (Hardin)

As I drive us back to the hotel, Tessa and I both have huge smiles on our faces

"I can't believe how great today was. This whole weekend was magical. I can't believe it's already over," Tessa says.

"I know. It was great. It was one of the best weekends of my life. I still can't believe what a lucky son of a bitch you've made me by agreeing to marry me," I laugh.

"I can't wait to tell Emma at school tomorrow!"

"I guess you already have your maid of honour picked out, then."

"Of course! We've always planned to be each other's maid of honour, but..."

"But...?"

"Well, we used to joke that I would be hers at her wedding to you."

"Okay, it's official, Emma is crazy! We hadn't even dated yet and she was planning on marrying me?!"

"She's crazy?! You practically had us married the morning after we slept together!" she laughs. "Besides, we were only joking around. She said she was going to be mine at my wedding to Ze-"

"Zed?" I ask angrily.

"Sorry." She frowns.

"Yeah, I guess that fucker would have been the closest thing I would have had to a best man."

"I'm sorry, Hardin. It just slipped out," she says and starts to fidget with her hands.

"I know," I sigh. "Let's talk about something else."

"Well, who is going to be your best man?"

"I have no idea. I guess I need more friends," I quietly laugh to myself.

"Um, when are you going to tell your mom?"

"I don't know. I'm afraid when I tell her she'll be on the first flight out here."

"I think it's sweet how she wants you to be happy."

"I think she just wants a daughter," I chuckle.

"That's sweet, too." She blushes.

I pull into the hotel parking lot and Tessa and I make our way to our room.

"I guess we should pack first, then maybe we can have a quick dinner before heading back home," I suggest.

"Okay, Hardin."

After we finish packing, I order us room service and we enjoy our last hour in the honeymoon suite.

"Okay, Tess, are you ready to go?"

"Not really. I wish we were staying the whole week. Two days wasn't enough." She pouts.

"Tess, we can always come back. You know I'll do anything I can to make you happy."

"I know. That's why I love you so much. I'm so lucky you chose me to spend the rest of your life with."

"Hey, that's my line," I chuckle. "I'm the lucky one."

"Hardin, promise me something?"

"Okay...?"

"Promise me that even when we're old and grey, we'll always have exciting and special moments like these?"

"Always," I say and pull her into a hug and kiss the top of her head. "Do you think that just because I turn into an old man that I'm going to lose my edge or be any less obsessed with you?" I laugh.

"Oh my gosh!" Tessa squeals and starts laughing uncontrollably.

"What?"

"I just pictured you as an old man in a leather jacket, skinny jeans and cursing at all the teenagers on your lawn," she laughs.

"And I'll still look damn good, baby." I smirk.

"I don't doubt that, Mr. Scott," Tessa says and smiles brightly at me.

"Okay, baby, I think we really need to leave now if we're going to get home and still get sleep before school tomorrow."

"Okay," she sighs.

We grab our luggage, leave the room and hotel behind, then climb into the car and head back home.

"Thank you for everything this weekend... The gorgeous honeymoon suite, wonderful dinner, concert, proposal, and the trip to the Space Needle. It was a perfect weekend."

"It was. I love you." I reach over and caress her thigh.

After about an hour of driving, Tessa says, "Hardin..."

Without taking my eyes off the road I reply, "Yes, baby?"

When she doesn't answer, I look over at her to see she's talking in her sleep. She mumbles something else before saying, "I do."

I smile to myself when I realize she's dreaming about our wedding. That's when I realize that no matter how many Zeds or Noahs or Neils try to come between us, that Tessa and I are inevitable. We will always find our way back to each because there is no one else for either of us.

Tessa continues to sleep the rest of the way home and I really don't want to wake her when we finally pull into our parking lot. I want to carry her to the apartment, but I have to carry our luggage, so I reluctantly wake her up. "Tess, baby, wake up. We're home," I say quietly.

"We're home already?" She yawns.

"Did you have a good dream?" I ask, while smiling to myself.

"Yeah, it was a really nice dream." She blushes.

"Okay, let's get this stuff upstairs and put you to bed."

I carry the luggage to the apartment and when we enter, both Tessa and I are completely exhausted, so we head to the bedroom and change before crawling into bed.

As I hold a sleeping Tessa, I eventually drift off to sleep and dream of a perfect wedding day, where all my dreams come true.