Chapter Nine

Josephine

The shipment came through from Mexico safely. As the truck pulls up to the warehouse, my men open the truck bed and count the crates in front of me. Kilian grabs a bag from the crate and brings it to me. I flip out my pocket knife and cut a small slit into it, scooping up the white powder with the tip of the blade and snorting a pinch.

I groan, wiping the remains from my nose. "Everything good Jefe?"

"Si Kilian, get the amount needed for Mrs. Tanner into the vehicle." He nods and starts to walk away. I grab his arm and place the knife back into my pocket.

My phone starts to ring, and I see it's her. I flip the screen open and answer. "Dime [Go ahead]"

"Do you have it or not? The faster we get this done, the faster you stop coming around my house." Oh, if only she knew I'm going to continue messing with them until I feel satisfied. Which will be never.

I walk out of the earshot of my men. "You want me to stop? You tell that cabrón to show his face." I know he won't, he's too afraid.

"Whatever. Just meet me at the park next to the house. Addy wants to meet Macy for her valentine's gift."

The mention of the little girl's name causes images of her to flash through my mind. It sobers me up quickly. I... she can't be. I had time to think about the calculations, and if she is anywhere around Macy's age she could be my...

"Hey!" Juliet startles me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"Can you meet me there or not?" she asks, getting annoyed.

"Yeah, whatever. Bye," I flip the phone closed and walk back to the warehouse.

As Killian and I pull up to the park, another vehicle that had driven behind us pulls up as well. Juliet and Macy took the bus here so that she could take the car with the package in it. It's quite sad actually that Damiel is dragging her into this shit because he's not man enough to face me.

I walk towards her, instructing Kilian to stay behind. She's pushing Macy on the swing and I can't help but smile. I wish I could've gotten to experience precious moments like that, but I gave up my only chance years ago.

Juliet stops pushing her daughter when she sees me approaching her. "Stay here. Addy will be here soon," she tells her. Macy simply smiles following her mother's instructions.

"Can we get this over with? What do we do? Sell it? To whom? Why the fuck are we even doing this? What did we do wrong? "she rambles all in one breath.

I laugh. "Oh baby, you did nothing. Your sleazy ass boyfriend ruined my life. And this is how he pays me back."

"He's your family Josephine." Her tone is starting to piss me off. I grab her hair and pull her close to me.

"Keep your voice down. And family doesn't sell out family. He is no Familia of mine," she squirms under my grip.

The blur of someone running past causes me to let her go. As I look to my left, I see the same little girl, and again a stinging feeling pains my chest. I watch as she gives a present to Macy. I wipe the smile off my face before anyone sees as I look back at Juliet as she fixes her clothes.

"Take the car, everything you need is in there. If I do not have my money by the end of this year, it won't be pretty. And don't even think about running, my men have eyes on all three of you."

She nods her head and walks back to her daughter. I watch as the blue-eyed little girl walks to a car, and a light skin curly head woman gets out. They call for another kid, and I watch as a curly-headed little boy that looks like a mix of the older woman and little girl gets into the car.

"Jefe, is everything okay?" Kilian says behind me.

"Si hermano, get all you can on that family over there."

"Anything in particular?" he asks.

"Hospital records, blood work, school records, everything Kilian."