Time for a Ball Game

Depuis le début

"What gives? You should come say hi once in a while." One boy from the club said.

Sugino let out a short laugh, "Nah, it'd be kind of awkward."

"You're pitching in next week's ball game tournament, right?" Another boy from the club asked.

"Oh, I guess it hasn't been decided, yet, but I'd like to." Sugino answered, his arms folded as Nagisa, Karma and Y/N exchanged glances, smilling at the scene.

"We'll be looking forward to it!" A boy from the club said as he pressed his fist against the fence, waiting for Sugino to bump it.

Sugino bumped his fist, "Sure thing!"

"But, man, I envy you Sugino." A boy from the club stated.

"You're in the E Class so you get to goof off every day." Another one added as Sugino looked down, his smile fading away from his lips, "We've got schoolwork and practice so we're running on fumes."

"Knock it off, that's not fair." Shindou said, causing everyone to look at him. He continued proudly, "Only the chosen few can be excepted to juggle both schoolwork and extracurriculars at a prep school."

"Wow, that's incredible." Karma commented as stepped forward to Sugino's side with Y/N and Nagisa, causing Sugino to shift his gaze between his sides to see his friends standing with him, "So I suppose you're one of those chosen few, huh?"

Shindou nodded his head confidently in response, "That's right, I am."

"Wow." Y/N commented dryly as Sugino and Nagisa glared at Shindou, "Not even trying to hide it, huh?"

"Don't like it?" Shindou smirked as he looked at Y/N, smugness evident in his voice, making the exchange student roll his eyes, "Then how about we show you at the tournament? There are those chosen to stand at the top and then there's everyone else. You'll see that there's already a whole world of difference between us."

-------

It was the next day of school and the students of 3-E were in the middle of another class with Koro-sensei. The four students from the said class who encountered the baseball club yesterday informed Koro-sensei about the upcoming baseball match. Isogai and Kataoka were reading on the blackboard behind Koro-sensei about the match as Koro-sensei was reading about it on the piece of paper.

"Mh-hm." The octopus hummed, "An intra-school ball game tournament, is it? Cultivating healthy minds and bodies using sports...most excellent!" He shifted his gaze from the paper to his students, beginning to sweat and held the paper in front of him in order to give everyone a good look at it, "However, why is Class E not in the bracket?"

"The E Class doesn't get entered into the tournament." Kouki explained, his head resting on his hand, "For the wonderful reason that it'd leave us with an odd number of teams. Instead, we have to play an exhibition game at the end."

"An exhibition game?" Koro-sensei questioned.

"Basically it's just a spectacle." Kouki explained, "As the entire school look on, we get pit against the baseball club and the girls the girls' basketball club."

Y/N shifted his gaze from Koro-sensei at Kouki as he wanted to be sure if he understood correctly, "So, this is just another one of the treatments our class receives from the school?"

Kataoka looked at him and nodded, "Yep."

Koro-sensei, Kataoka, Isogai and the rest of the class turned around to the corner of the classroom once they heard a few people standing up from their seats and moving their chairs towards their desks. They saw Terasaka, Muramatsu and Yoshida, all three of them were standing, ready to leave the classroom.