1.5 - Becoming (still)

"Do what's good for you, or you're not good for anybody."
-

"-

-

"Yikes..." You say to yourself as you watch Toby attempt to climb the rope.

You winced as you see him get scolded by Coach Lawrence. He was an interesting character and an interesting coach as well.

But, enough talk about a random highschool gym coach.

You step onto the blue bleachers and spot Claire with her friends. It was Darcy and one other girl who wasn't Mary. If your memory was on your side, her name was something like Shannon. She was a girl with short brown pigtails and red glasses.

They giggled as the two girls crowded around Claire and her phone watching some sort of video.

"Er.. Hey... girls?.." You said with a sad attempt of a smile on your face.

"Oh, hey Y/N." Darcy waved at you.

All three of them looked at you, waiting for you to say something else. You honestly expected them to move the conversation along because animated show logic but you were a bit stumped.

"What are you guys watching?" You sat on the bench row in front of them, facing towards the three girls.

Claire flips her phone to show you a random cat video. It was simply a cat playing the piano.

What is this? 2007?

"Cute, right?" She puts her phone down onto her lap with a giggle.

You couldn't help but giggle back. You didn't know if it was because the video was genuinely funny or how Claire's humor is.. Not exactly what you were expecting... It might be the latter.

"Buenas noches."

Your turn to see Jim in an awkward stance, waving slightly. You turn back to see the three girls with a very unimpressed look on their faces.

It was surprisingly more embarrassing to hear and see Jim's attempt to speak to Claire up close than on screen

"You speak spanish?" Claire asks.

"Umm.. Uh" He stammered.

It was a struggle to keep in your laugh since it would be pretty mean to do so. A small little chuckle happened to escape your lips.

"Come on, Claire.." Darcy speaks up to break the awkward moment. They stand up from their spots. Darcy gestures for you to come with too, making you stand up as well.