Chapter 1

It was the day of the first of several surgeries for Lovino. He and Antonio just arrived at the hospital. Both were nervous. The surgeries had a good chance of success but their was still a significant possibility that they would fail. That is what scared them. They would worry that it would all be for nothing but the chance that he would walk again was not one they wanted to ignore.

"You ready?" Antonio asked Lovino

"Ya I guess. Just promise me you'll be there when I get out." Lovino replied.

"Of coarse. I will be here whenever I can. I wouldn't dream of leaving you here to recover on your own."

"Grazie."

"That's what I'm here for isn't it? I would be a terrible boyfriend if I wasn't here for you at a time like this."

Lovino rested his head on Antonio's shoulder and Antonio leaned his head against Lovino's as they waited for the doctor to call them back. After a few minutes they were called back. They followed the doctor into the surgery prep room. Antonio stayed there holding Lovino's hand until the anesthesia was administered and he was asked to go to the waiting room until the surgery was completed.

It was a long, hard wait for Antonio. He hated no knowing what was going on in the operation room. He wanted to know how it was going and if his lover was ok. After a few hour later a doctor came out and asked for him.

"How did it go? Is Lovi ok? Did the surgery work?" Antonio immediately stared bombarding the doctor with questions.

"Calm down. The surgery went well. The patient is stable but still under the anesthetics. We won't know the results until he wakes up. Once that happens we can test the muscles that were operated on. You can go back to see him if you want."

"Sí, gracias doctor. Would you mind telling me what room he's in?"

"Yes. He's in room 80."

"Gracias."

Antonio walked towards Lovino's hospital room. When he got there he found Lovino laying in the bed asleep. He knew it would take a while for him to wake up but he wanted to be there when it happened. He moved one of the chairs by the bed and sat down grabbing Lovino's hand in the process.

It was now a few hours later and Lovino is starting to wake up. He slowly opened his eyes, wincing at the light. He felt a weight on his hand and he turned his head to see what it was. It was Antonio's head. The Spaniard was asleep. Lovino moved his hand around so it would shake his head.

"Hey bastard, wake up." Lovino called.

Antonio stirred btu didn't wake up. Lovino tried again but harder this time.

"Come on wake up."

Antonio's eyes slowly fluttered open. He sat up still half asleep.

"Morning Lovi. How are you feeling?" Antonio sleepily asked.

"A little sore but I'll be fine And it's not morning, It's night. How long was I out?"

Antonio looked at his phone.

"Let's see it's six PM and your surgery started at one. So that would be five hours." Antonio stated.

"Damn. I was really out that long? How long were you sitting there waiting for me to wake up?"

"Sí. Well your surgery got over around two thirty so three and a half hours. I can't remember when I fell asleep though. Speaking of which I should probably call Feli and Ludwig. They're probably worried about you."

Antonio kissed Lovino on the forehead and walked out the door to call them.

"Ciao!" he heard through the phone.

"Hey Feli, it's Antonio." Antonio replied.

"Hey big brother Antonio! How's fratello doing? Is he out of surgery yet?"

"Sí, He's alright. Just a little sore right now. I was just calling you to let you know the surgery went well."

"That's good! I'm glad he's alright. I was worried about him."

"Alright I better get back to him. Would you mind letting everyone else know for me?"

"Sure, I can do that. Bye take good care of fratello for me!"

"Gracias. Bye Feli."

Antonio hung up and went back in the room. Lovino had fallen back asleep. He walked over to Lovino and gently kissed his forehead.

"Te amo. Buenos Noches."

*to be continued*