Taken away already?

After bringing Georgia home for the first time you can imagine we had no idea what to do. I had to admit I was scared. Having this little person who totally depends and relies on you is terrifying.

For the past few weeks I've had no sleep what so ever and I feel like I could collapse at any moment. Having a child is draining and hard but she is worth it.

Tonight it's my turn to wash, feed, burp and put Georgia to bed. I love bathing her she is just the smallest thing I have ever seen. As I'm feeding her I'm thinking I should have fed her, burped her and then bathed her because she is a little grot when she eats. I wipe down her face, hands, arms and legs from the purée she had been swooshing around in her toothless head and eating. I garentee she covered herself in purée more then she ate it. Now for the not so nice part. I fling a cloth over my shoulder and pick up Georgia. I place her against my shoulder and start to pat her on the back.

"3. 2. 1". I count backwards and by the time I said one she had given me the joy of vomit on my shoulder.

"Thanks cutie I really appreciate it". I say sarcastically as I look into her green piercing eyes. She has my eyes. Definatly. I chuck the cloth into the washing machine and cuddle Georgia close to my chest. I pull her away and place my hand against her forehead. She has a temperature. I get out a ear thermometer we have especially for her and place it in her ear. I remember the doctor saying a normal temperature for a baby is 30 and Georgia is 62. Something is definatly wrong. I cradle her in my arms and go and get Laura.

We get in the car and go straight to hospital. We go to the front desk and ask to be seen straight away. The nurse nods her head and buzzes us into the hallway. There we are meted by the doctor who delivered Georgia. He takes us to a room to speak with us.

"I need to take Georgia to do some tests. Having a temperature this high for a new born baby is not good. We must find what is causing this and fix it". The doctor says taking Georgia away.

We are in the room for about and hour before the doctor returns.

"Where's Georgia"? Laura questions.

"Georgia is in a crib hooked up to drips and having needles...." The doctor gets cut off before he can get another word in.

"What's wrong with her"? Laura demands.

"We have located a Tuma in Georgia's brain. It's quite large and fast growing. We are going to do everything we can do to save her". The doctor says.