P A R T T W O

A U T H O U R S    N O T E

Thanks so much for reading! The video is just what I was listening to while writing and also f/n = friends name. If you could comment and vote, that would really help, thanks! Happy reading <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Camilo walk slightly behind Dolores and f/n, both pairs getting to know each other. At one point, Dolores reaches across and takes f/n's hand. "It's cold out here, we should stay close," is her excuse. Camilo hears this and deadpans, "It's the middle of summer." You giggle which makes him blush and turn away. F/n rolls her eyes dramatically and announces, "cOuPLe gOaLs!"    

A blossom tree sprouts just across from us, the summer air floating the fuchsia and pink petals into one and other's hair. At first, they try to pick them off but it gets a little awkward so they let themselves be swept up in a cloud of flowers. You give Camilo a side-wards glance and feel your heart stop. OMG. The moon's silver rays dapple over his caramel skin and shine of his glassy, brown eyes. He's gorgeous... All of a sudden, the looks at you and catches you starring.

"Jeez, y/n. What's with the gawking? WAIT!!! Have I switched noses again? It happens sometimes and really creeps people out - have I creeped you out? I really REALLY don't want to have creeped you out because, well, you're so pretty and wait- Sorry- I didn't mean- Well you are pretty but-"  he rambles, blushing like a tomatoe {Or Nathaniel's hair if u get the reference}. You giggle, "I think you're pretty too, and your nose is perfectly fine," you say, kissing it and walking off, leaving him there, open-mouthed and tingly. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you reach Casita, the light has already gone and the candles and the glowing doors are your only guidance. Beautiful people in beautiful clothes with beautiful smiles dance to the music. It's surprisingly soft, and you find yourself waltzing with Camilo. "Hermosa.." he whispers in your ear. "Yes?" you reply wondering what's gonna happen next. "This is magical, isn't it? I feel as if we are floating above a rooftop in a world of our own," he says, eyes sparkling. {Another reference, clue: NY Special}. " Yes, yes! A world where we never stop dancing, where we can hide from the world but also control it, where we are completely free," you gush. "Sounds like that's your absolute dream..." he murmurs, giving you shivers.

Everyone suddenly starts to move about, realising it's time for the ceremony. The last thing you can whisper to Camilo before you are torn apart is, 'Yes, being here with you is my dream,' . All you can think of through Abela's speech is Camilo's gentle fingers running along your back, his breath on your neck, the sparkle in his eyes. F/n finds her way too you. "What a night," she sighs. "Tell me about it," you reply with resting your head on her shoulder.

Antonio get's his gift and you all follow him into his room. It's like a jungle, only it has tea-lights and a magic centre tree and a hammock and SO MANY ANIMALS! Camilo appears beside you and points to his little brother. "Look at him! Look at him go! Only yesterday Mami and  Papi were arguing over who read him a bed-time story, and now, well, he's all grown up!" he exclaims. He kisses you on the cheek and says that he has to go, but he'll be back soon. You watch them take a family photo but notice Mirabelle shoving her way out of the room. You look back ay Camilo - who's already distracted - and decide to follow her. That was a family photo, she should be in it!

You find her holding a cracked tile. One edge is jagged, so you call out for her to be careful. This surprises her and she drops the tile, slicing open her hand. "Ach! Let me come look at that," you say, grasping her soft hand in both of yours. "If we get some ointment on it quick it should be healed in just a week," you reassure. "Or... y'know.. I could just go to my mom who just so happens to heal everyone," she adds, awkwardly. Mentally slapping your forehead, you stutter out an apology. "You haven't been here long, have you?" Mirabelle inquires. "No, just arrived a few hours ago. My name's Y/n. I'm one of the two girls your Abuela offered a place to stay too," you explain. "Ooooooh. Right. Makes sense," she nods.

While you've been talking, the Casita has started to quiver. {Almost forgot this entire part!😂} "Casita...?" Mirabelle says in a hushed tone. Cracks start to appear on the walls, splitting through windows and magic doors all the way to the Candle. Just then, someone crashes through the door, screaming your name at the top of his voice. Camilo came into view and was just about to hug you when he noticed the cracks. Three of you stand back to back, gaping at the horrors above them. Camilo links his fingers with yours, squeezing your hand tightly.

Mirabelle dashes to Antonio's door. "Where are you going?" Camilo demands. "To warn the family! Estupido!" she says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. As soon, as she leaves, the cracks seal themselves up and the candle stands still. "If you don't want the candle to go out," you start, "Why do you keep it by a window?" Camilo seems genuinely confused about the whole thing. BAM! Antonio's door flies open and the whole town pours out. Everything is just going to quickly for you. You sit on the steps and massage your temples while Camilo wraps his runa around you. The world around you stops swimming and things come into focus one at a time. First Camilo with his aborable worried face making sure you stay warm. Then your friend leaning over balcony mouthing 'Are you OK?'. After that, Mirabelle arguing with her Abuela. "I wasn't the only one who saw them! Y/n and Camilo saw the cracks too!" she protests, desperately. "How dare you try to bring your Primo down with you! And a respectable wife for him too!" 

You stand up and walk outside, running deep into the woods outside the house. This was all too much for a first day. Upon finding a nice patch of flowers, you lie down and gaze at the sky. A light drizzle begins to fall but you welcome it. You let the icy sheets pour down on your face and wash away your worries. At some point, two people join you. You open your eyes and sit up to see Isabella and Dolores. "How did you find me?" You yell over the awaful weather. Dolores pointed to her ears and Isebella guestured to the flowers. Oh. This was Isabella's space. You  wonder why she would need to run away sometimes.

A U T H O U R S   N O T E

Thanks for reading! It's 1am now so imma head of to bed. I might not be able to post tmrw, sorry about that. Good night/day <3

Word count: 1216 words