Rainy Day {Fluff}

Summary - Hawks comes home from the job and you're ready to take care of your precious little bird.

Warning - Implied seggsy time but there isn't any.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV

I looked out the window and cringed at the crazy weather. It was pouring since early in the morning but even though it's already 7:30pm it hasn't stopped, but instead just got worse.

"Yeesh, hope Keigo's alright... It's pouring pretty heavily, I hope he at least took an umbrella this morning..." I mumbled under my breath as I closed up the curtains. "Never mind that...That pigeon is too dumb to think ahead."

I made my way back to the kitchen to check on the miso soup I was making for Keigo once he came home. The yakitori was all ready so I just left it in the oven to stay warm.

I slightly flinched when I heard the sound of the door of our shared penthouse swing open. "Looks like he's home..."

I poked my head out of the window to see a very soaked Keigo kicking off his boots. He seemed annoyed but that was normal every time he came back from dealing with the commission.

"Rough day?" I asked as I walked out of the kitchen. He looked up from the floor and a soft smile curved onto his lips.

"You know it. I swear the commission's tryna work me to the grave baby bird. I feel like shit." He whined like a baby as I laughed and shook my head.

"You're such a baby, birdbrain." I teased, pulling his soaked jacket off him since it was probably really heavy.

"Of course. But ya know you love it." He nudged my side with his elbow and in return I'll elbowed him in the stomach. He chuckled and pulled me into a tight bear hug.

Author's POV

"Honestly songbird, I dunno what I'd do without ya. You're my built in best friend, girlfriend, and partner in life all in one." Hawks mumbled with his face smothered against your neck. He held you in an iron grip but was still gentle enough not to hurt you. You were fine with it since you knew anytime he got back from work he got extremely clingy.

"I feel the same. There's a clear difference between the way my life was without you and how it is now. My life is better now, all because of you." You whispered in his ear as you gently played around with his hair. He hummed feeling satisfied and you could feel his face flush and heat up.

"C'mon. I made yakitori for dinner and quickly made some miso soup to prevent you from catching a cold. But before that, go change. You're soaked and you're getting me wet." You gently shoved him off you and he raised a brow coyly.

"Oh? Am I? Why don't you come change me yourself then?~" Keigo offered seductively as you rolled your eyes and shoved his face away. "Go change on your own. You're a big boy."

He pouted before he slumped and walked off to change his clothes. You laughed as you made your way back to the kitchen to turn off the stove so the soup wouldn't burn.

About a minute or two later while you were stirring the soup, Keigo entered the living room in a loose t-shirt and gray sweatpants. He tightly wrapped his arms around your waist, resting his chin on your shoulder.

His slightly damp hair tickled your neck as you quietly giggled. "Did you take a shower yet?" You asked as he just nuzzled his face into your hair, keeping not even a centimeter of space between you two.