Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.

Start from the beginning

"I second that statement." Lark mutters still staring at her new tattoos with a mix of awe and pain.

"Oh, yeah... you get them on your birthday. The first one and last one I've never seen before but the second one is your elemental tattoo." Callum states while looking at the other two tattoos deep in thought.

"Thanks a lot for telling us!" Lark blatantly states sarcastically while glaring daggers at Callum.

"Let's go, we have Cadre training." I grumble still processing the sudden new tattoos, "Blaze get on."

"Same with you Zim. Hop on." Lark adds to Zim but a lot more kindly compared to me.

"Do I get a ride?" Clay asks Kyle who narrows his eyes playfully and scowls.

"Never!" Kyle shrieks and he and Bullet shoot up before slowly landing again for Clay. "Chop chop." He grins as his Isalor jumps onto the back of Bullet.

"I'll run, meet you guys there." Callum salutes before shifting into his massive wolf and bolting down the bridge to the academy. Kyle, Lark and I fly up into the air with our dragons and Isalors before shooting towards the school. I wince as Blaze wraps his arms tightly around me and refuses to release his grip a little, I look over and notice Clay's face a total picture of terror as he grips Kyle like his life depends on it. Well I mean it kinda does... but meh.

Zim however looks completely calm as she lightly holds Lark's waist, the pair are naturals. Blaze eventually loosens his grasp but he is definitely not a natural in the backseat of a dragon.

The three of us land gently... actually Lark and I land gently while Kyle thuds to the ground quiet loudly on Bullet.

At the noise the whole school who is watching the Cadre training or participating turn around and stare as us, some with disgust others amazement or awe.

"Sorry! We had some uuuh issues?" I call out with a polite bow to King Alexander and King Vincent. King Alexander waves it away however King Vincent scowls, okay that man does not hide his dislike for me and my friends.

"Back to what I was saying, today will be about testing you guys in ground fighting, the next few days and weeks will be about dragon back fighting, dragon riding, teamwork skills and strategies and poisons." King Alexander continues like we didn't interrupt.

I leap off Whisp and land silently beside Lark and Zim.

'That was so cool, I know I'm a wolf and should prefer having two feet or four paws on the ground but I can't complain that was amazing!' Jay squeals in enjoyment in my head.

'It was pretty awesome.' I agree, 'Whisp you should go sit with the other dragons.' I quickly instruct my dragon through mindlink and watch as she flies away followed by Bullet and Cinder.

"Ok, the fight teachers all have lists of everyone's skills in each weapons so we will get the firsts in each weapon to fight same with seconds for each etcetera. We will start with Swords. Did everyone bring their own weapons?" Only a few students nod while many shake their heads no.

"Actually, I'm going to do it like this, I want all first years to go get their weapons from their houses and be back within half and hour. I want Kyle, Clay, Lark, Zim, Ria and Blaze to stay behind please." King Alexander announces and all the students flee, while some give us pitying looks others sneer or completely ignore us.

"Come with me you six." King Alexander motions for us to follow him and so we do, we can't exactly argue with the King he could have us killed. No wait. Kyle could but the rest of us couldn't. Silently we follow him as he weaves through the crowd and enters a small building on the edge of the courtyard where everyone is gathered.