four

love walked down the street before spotting someone fly off their bicycle over a chain and land on the ground

love walked down the street before spotting someone fly off their bicycle over a chain and land on the ground. "dude, did you just fucking yeet over that chain?" love asked as she ran over to him.

john b groaned. "who put that chain there?"

"pretty sure it's been there for a really long time, babe." love chuckled as she knelt on the ground beside him. "oh, my god." she gasped as she caught sight of the blood soaking through his shirt. "holy shit, your shirt."

the brunette reached her hand out and pulled his shirt up to see the wound on his side. "yeah, that's not ideal." john b muttered.

"that's not good at all." love agreed.

john b looked up at her. "hey, could you take me to the hospital?"

"yeah." love nods. "right now?" she asked.

john nodded. "yeah, right now. that'd be fantastic."

"yeah, okay." love helped him up before leading him over to her car.

john lowered the passenger seat down until he was almost lying back as she started her car up and he glanced over to her. "hey, do you-- do you see a car? like a-- like a cop suv? blue and white, maybe?"

love glanced out the window as the car passed her and she nodded. "yes, there is a blue and white cop suv." she told him.

"shit." he whispered. "do you see a guy with no neck?"

as love reversed, she turned her head and spotted the guy. "there is a guy. he, in fact, does not have a neck. there's a woman with him, she looks pissed."

"what are-- what are they doing?" john asked her.

"they're at the dead bike." she informed.

john glanced at her. "can you-- can you just go, please?"

"that's what i'm doing." she told him as she started to drive. "why are the cops after you? what, did you rob a bank?"

john b had put his seat back up but continued to look out the back windscreen. "it's probably better if you don't know."