37

"What? You didn't. Please tell me you couldn't be so ignorant." Arabella said noticing how mad everyone in the room was. He did. She looked into his mind and saw everything that had happened as if she had been there herself. "Why would you do that! He could have died! You could have killed him! Do you have any idea how Remus would have felt- did you even think about Remus! Did you think about Snape? Did you think of the consequences when you went and told him to go!?"

Sirius stood silently looking at the group, he felt horrible. He had thought about it ending badly, but never this badly. He had almost killed Severus... and for what? To prove a point?

He wouldn't look up at her, he couldn't stand to see her upset with him. "I- I didn't-"

"What possessed you to think that was ok? You exposed Remus and almost killed Severus! Now I don't like him either, but that's no-" James started yelling.

"I just wanted to scare him!" Sirius replied trying to defend himself.

Everyone scoffed at him in disbelief. "You risked- no EXPOSED Remus' secret to scare him?" James said. "I can't deal with this right now, I'm going to bed." He said stomping upstairs, Peter following behind.

It was silent for a few minutes before Sirius spoke, "Bella, I didn't mean for this-" he said trying to walk closer to him. His face fell she she took steps away from his with an angry look ok her face.

"I don't care what you meant, Sirius. You put everyone at risk. You almost killed someone and you betrayed Remus. You know how much Remus wanted no one to know about him, yet you went and exposed him to Severus, who you know would just love to ruin the reputation of one of you." She yelled at him.

"Did you think about Remus at all? Do you have any idea how he is going to feel when he wakes up? Do you know how guilty he is going to feel? Did you think about that? No. You didn't. Because if you did, you wouldn't have even spoken to Snape about this."

"Cant you go into his mind and make him forge-"

"You can't just use me to fix your mistakes, Sirius!" She yelled getting angrier. "I'm not fixing this for you, I can't just go in and make someone forget every horrible thing I've ever done just because I don't like the consequences. I only do that when it's absolutely necessary. You're lucky I don't go into your head and make you forget about my powers!" She screamed.

"Bella please don't be mad-"

"Mad? I'm not mad Sirius, I'm livid." She said with her eyes glowing red before turning around and stomping angrily up the stairs.

—————————

The marauders and Arabella didn't speak to Sirius for days after that, they couldn't. They needed their time to cool off and Sirius understood that.

Not speaking to Arabella was killing him, he had fallen madly in love with her and that fact that she was ignoring him was hurting him more than anything in the world ever could.

He had watched her from a distance, he had noticed how tired she looked. She looked as though she hadn't been sleeping. He wondered if it was her nightmares, she had mentioned them once before but never in full detail, hardly with any detail at that.

He was worried about her, but he didn't want to go over the limit and ask her about something he knew she wouldn't want to talk about, so he stayed silent.

He noticed how she didn't eat, and if she did it wasn't much. He noticed her slowly breaking apart, and there was nothing he could do but watch. She wouldn't talk to him, not that he had tried too many times. He had been to scared that she might snap at him.

He stayed behind when his friends were together and he gave them their time without him. Even if it broke him to see them without him.

Lily, Marlene, and Amy didn't miss this either. They noticed how Arabella was upset and how she hadn't spoken with her boyfriend in days. They were growing concerned. Lily and Marlene had noticed her waking up ever night in a terror and not eating in the mornings, but they had no idea why. It hurt them that they didn't know, but it hurt them more to think she didn't trust them enough to tell them.