0

"James Potter!"Arabella yelled angrily as she raced down the stairs to beat her older brother.

"Mom! She's trying to kill me!" James yelled sprinting away from his sister as she chased after him with a pointy heeled shoe.

"Whoa whoa whoa, what's going on? James what did you do?" Their mother Euphemia Potter asked looked at James with an accusing look, her hair still a mess as she had just woken up.

"Who's says I did anything?" James said innocently hiding behind her.

"Why else would Bella be chasing you with a shoe?" She said turning her head to face her son.

"Because she's mad, woman!" James yelled, pointing an accusing finger at his sister.

"Woma-" their mother was cut off by Arabella's yelling.

"He put paint in my shampoo bottle!" She said showing her mother her now wet and bright red hair.

"James! Her beautiful hair, what did you do!" Euphemia yelled walking over and picking up a strand of Arabella's wet hair. Arabella glared daggers at her brother as he began to laugh at her.

Arabella's jaw clinches as she started to lunge at him.  Fortunately for James, she was stopped by her mother who threw her over her shoulder before Arabella could attack him.

"Mom let me down I want to kill him!" Arabella yelled as Euphemia held her over her shoulder.

"No! There will be no killing in this house!"

The girl easily flipped off her mothers shoulder and grabbed a book from the table beside her before continuing to chase after her brother.

"Mommy! Mommy help me!" He yelled as he ran around the house like a mad man.

"Arabella Sage Potter what have I told you about attacking your brother with books!" Euphemia yelled angrily.

Arabella stopped chasing after James and dropped the large book onto the table . "Sorry mum." She said with a smile on my face, happy that she had slightly traumatized James.

"Bella go to my room and use my shampoo. Get that paint out of your hair. And you, James potter don't you ever pull that kind of prank on your sister again do you hear me?" She yelled again.

"Yes ma'am!" He said saluting her as he ran to his room. Arabella trailed behind and ran to her parents room to shower.

When she got out of the shower she wrapped a towel around her body and walked quickly to her bedroom. When she reached her closet, she began to look for a simple outfit to wear around the house.

"Why hello Bella! Funny seeing you here!" Arabella heard a deep voice say from behind her. She jumped about a foot in the air at the sound of another human being. She gripped her towel tightly, stopping it from falling off of her body.

"Sirius, what the hell are you doing in my room!" Arabella yelled.

"Wha- is this your room!?" He said innocently looking around. "Oh my! I do apologize, I thought this was my beloved Jamsies room!" He said before looking her up and down with a smile.

"You know damn well this is not his room." She said looking at him with an unamused glare. "Now get out."

"Aw why, didn't you miss me?" He said walking farther into her closet, keeping his eyes away from the towel that was barely covering her body.

"No, now get out." Arabella said pushing him out of her closet with her free arm.

He looked down at her with an amused grin as she continued to push him out. She slid the door closed in his face and locked it. An annoyed grunt left her mouth as she continued to look through her closet.

She quickly slipped on a pair of leggings and a tank top before stepping out of her closet to put on her shoes. She walked out of her room and down the stairs, yelling to her mother. "Hey mum I'm going to the-" she walked into the kitchen to see her mom hugging Sirius.

"Hello Bella." Sirius said with the same cocky smile he had in his face moments ago.

"Sirius." She said giving him a clearly fake smile.

"What were you saying?" Her mother asked.

"I'm going out to the tree house." She replied before exiting the kitchen and walking out to her tree house.

As she walked through the property of Potter Manor, she smiled at the sights around her. She truly was a lucky girl to be able to live in such a beautiful place. After a few minutes of walking, she was standing in front of the tree house James, Fleamont, and Arabella had built the summer before their first year at Hogwarts. Smiling at the familiar building, she continued her walk on the stone path that led to the stairs of the small house. As she reached the top of the stairs, she unlocked the door and walked into the cozy building.

James and Arabella had done the interior themselves. She had brought all the muggle music that her dad had bought to the tree house so she could listen to it in peace. She looked through her records and decided to play the Abbey Road album by a muggle band called the Beetles. She started the record and a familiar song started.

Here come old flat top

She turned the volume up and laid down in the lounge chair that had been set up next to the record player. She grabbed a book from the near by table, and began to read as the music on her record machine filled the quiet space around her. After a few minutes of uninterrupted reading, the door swung open to reveal the familiar face of Sirius Black.

"What do you want?" She said annoyed, slightly turning down her music as he walked inside the tree house.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Sirius asked walking farther into the tree house, closing the door behind him.

"Nothing has got my- ew that's such a weird saying." Arabella said as she turned her record player off, and placed her vinyl back into its protective case "now if you'll excuse me." She said walking past him to exit through the door

"You're avoiding me!" He said pointing an accusing finger at her. She rolled her eyes and continued to walk down the stairs and back to her house. "Aw cmon Bella, what did I do?" He said watching her walk swiftly down the stairs. Arabella sighed and turned around to face him.

"Do you remember Alice?" She asked.

"Who?" He said confused.

She laughed humorlessly, "My point exactly." She said before finally finishing her walk down the stairs.  Sirius followed after her and started jogging to catch up to her even.

"So... who's Alex?" He said walking next to her. Truth be told, he knew exactly who she was talking about, but simply enjoyed seeing her get so worked up.

"Alice, dick head. " She said rolling her eyes towards the boy. "She was one of your little  flings last year, and one of my close friends. You hurt her."

"It's not like we were dating, I never gave her that idea." He said defensively.

She rolled her eyes with a scoff. "It's the principle, Sirius. Look, I'm not one to shame someone for sleeping with people, but the way you do it leaves people hurting." She stopped walking and stared directly into his eyes, "You give them attention, you show them what it would be like to be with you, and they get attached. Then you get what you want and leave. Believe me I know how much it hurts, so it pisses me off when I hear from my friend that you did exactly that to her."

He looked at her with a sigh, "I'll admit, I'm not exactly the most sympathetic guy to walk the halls of Hogwarts." He said as they started to walk again. "But the thing is, I'm just not a relationship guy. No one's ever grabbed my attention like that."

She shrugged, keeping her eyes in the path in-front of them. "I'm sure that'll change some day, but you've really got to stop, or at least make sure they know your intentions. Otherwise you're just going to end up hurting people." She said walking ahead of him and into the manor.