𝟰𝟱 || 𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗽𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀

Depuis le début

Spotlights stationed on the roof spun around, shining down on the court and the crowd surrounding it. A large screen stood above the middle of the court, one screen covering each of its four sides.

"This is ridiculous." Suna mutters from the other side of Akaashi.

Yes, your friends were watching with your dad and brothers. The seating arrangement being: Bokuto, Kuroo, Kenma, Akaashi, and Suna on one aisle and then Atsumu, Osamu, Aran, Akira, and ( D/n ) and Ukai in the row in front of them.

"Well, they did insult everyone in Japan who plays basketball on tv without knowing there was a team full of prodigies. So, it's not a surprise." ( D/n ) shrugs, his arm draped over the back of Ukai's seat.

"Fair point." Atsumu sighs, slurping on the drink he bought earlier. Then, a male voice fills the room from the commentator's desk.

"It's been a week since Japan's defeat at the hands of Jabberwock." They say.

"Talk about dramatic." Akira chuckles, his eyes finding two flags flying above the court. One was dark green, Jabberwock written on it. Then, the one beside it was red, Vorpal Swords written in all caps in the middle before running vertically along the sides.

"A dream team of high school students have been formed!" The commentator announces as Kagami's full name, position, and face flashes on the square like screen in the middle of the court and the screen above the commentator's desk.

Akashi's smiling face shortly followed Kagami's, then Kise's and Aomine's before it came to Murasakibara, Midorima and Kuroko.

Oh, and of course you.

Bokuto, Kuroo, Kenma, Akira and Akaashi throw their arms in the air and cheer loudly when your name was shown on the screen. An image was shown of you frowning at the camera from over your shoulder. Your unique undercut design was on full display to the crowd as you were in a black high collared jacket, COACH written on the back of it.

"Named after the sword used to defeat the Jabberwock monster in Alice Through the Looking-Glass, their name is Vorpal Swords!" The commentator introduces your team as the images of your friends flash on and off the screen.

Strolling out the side entrance of the gymnasium, the bright lights shine onto you and your friends, forcing you to squint as you didn't wish to go blind.

Cheers erupt from the crowd upon seeing you and your friends.

"Oh my god, it's ( L/n )-sama!" A girl from the crowd squeals, shaking her friend's shoulders.

Aomine scoffs when he hears this and sees your smug smirk.

With your hands in your pockets, you and Kagetora lead your team to the side of the court - opposite to where your family was sitting - to set up and get ready.

The members of Jabberwock give you venomous side glances from where their seats were, beside your own.

You only stick your tongue at Silver and send him the thumbs down, your wide and taunting eyes soaked with pure arrogance.

He only scowls at your expression while Nash smirks.

"What an interesting girl." Nash chuckles.

"Someone got a lil crush, huh?" Nick sneers at the captain who scoffs.

"Hell nah. She's just hot."

Using his special hearing skills, Akaashi snaps his head in their direction, mentally throwing knives and grenades at them. Seeing his intimidating stare, Suna and Kenma scoot away from him.