Chapter 2 Mate

Believe you can and you're half way there

-Theodore Roosevelt

Raelynn POV

What felt like a minute later I was woken up by Daniel telling me we're back at the hotel and to come inside to the room. I did as he said because I was still half asleep and the last thing I remember from that night was me flopping onto my bed and just like that I was out like a light.
I woke up the next day to my alarm on my phone buzzing telling me it was 6:15 AM I groaned using as much energy a I could muster I pushed myself out of bed to see Daniel passed out sleeping. Lucky bastard.
I got up and took a warm shower to help me wake up for my game at 7:00, once I came out of the shower and got dressed in my uniform throwing a pair of sweatpants over my shorts I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach but I pushed it out of my mind thinking it was pregame jitters.

I quickly wrote a note for Daniel telling him that I went to my game and rushed out of the hotel room to the lobby with my volleyball bag thrown over my shoulder. I walked out of the elevator and sat on the couch in front of the front desk texting Madison my friend from volleyball asking her if she would be able to pick me up. Madison answered five minutes later saying she can pick me up and take me with her to the game.
Then I felt a warm muscular hand touch my shoulder pulling my attention from my phone as this person touched my shoulder I felt my soul leave my body I turned to see who it was and I found Daniel. I let out a breath one I didn't even know I was holding. Dani then began to chacal hysterically as he realized he scared me.
Dani then scolded me about not waking him to come with me because we made a deal and he wanted to hold up his end by attending the game i felt as if had been A child getting scolded for getting getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar which earned an eye role from me.

Madison then called me informing me she was outside. I stood up and grabbed my bag again throwing it over my shoulder and began to walk towards the front door as Daniel followed closely behind me. We then reached Madison's car and I hopped in the passenger seat and Dani hopped in the back.
We arrived at the gym where we would play the tournament and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the large crowd that sat in the stands to watch. As The game went on we began to get further and further ahead of the other team with the game ending at 20 to 4. The week seem to pass quickly and it was now Friday we had won all our games except for one against the lions. The games were all done for today and all I wanted to do was eat and then sleep for the rest of time.

Once I reach the hotel room I took a cold shower to ease my aching muscles and once I got out I was freezing but my muscles no longer Hurt. I laid in bed until Daniel got back at around 8 o'clock after one of the Alpha meetings discussing different pack issues. That night I slept like a baby out cold like a rock and oh boy I needed it.

The next morning I woke up at 12 o'clock much much later than I normally would I can't believe Daniel let me sleep in this long. I sat up in bed and looked over to see Daniel was gone. I grabbed my phone then called Daniel to see where he was after two or three rings Daniel answer the phone " where are you?"
I asked in a worried town "i'm grabbing lunch and I will be back in 20 minutes" he said almost sounding annoyed at my concern. I hung up the phone and got dressed in a pair of light blue 90s styles jeans with my favourite Beatles graphic T-shirt and a pair of Air Force ones. I decided I would explore a little bit I mean I've been here for almost a week and haven't had any time to look around.
So I grabbed my purse sliding the key card into my bag along with my phone and I made my way to the entryway of the hotel. I then went on my phone and searched up taxi service on safari I called the number that was listed below and called for a taxi. The taxi showed up within five minutes and I excitedly hopped into the car.
The first place I could think of going was to get coffee so I stopped at a small coffee shop that was down main street and picked One up for myself. I hopped back into the taxi and asked The driver to bring me to the nearest mall. I looked around entering different stores picking out some things I liked such as a white satin mini dress to wear tonight to the alpha dinner and a new hoodie.

Dress^

Dress^

Hoodie ^——————————————————————-

Hoodie ^
——————————————————————-

When I return to the hotel Daniel was sitting on the bed watching some show about cooking. It was now 4 o'clock and we needed to be at Rockwoods pack by seven giving me only an hour to get ready before we have to leave. I pulled my hair into a loose elegant bun leaving small strands of hair out and sliding on the dress I had bought earlier that day. Daniel Wore a suit and tie we left the hotel room meeting Mr. and Mrs. Brooks in the hallway minutes later we were already in the car on our way to Rockwoods pack house.
We were only 30 minutes away and yet again I felt that feeling of uneasiness I suddenly felt lightheaded Daniel noticing my discomfort quickly reached over and grabbed my hand trying to assure me I would be okay, The web of dizziness subsided and I felt slightly better still with that uneasy feeling in my stomach. We reached the Packhouse house and I immediately jumped out of the car trying to get fresh air into my lungs. I began to feel better so we entered the pack house.

I walked to the kitchen to greet Luna Bailey and then at that moment I knew why I had that uneasy feeling.
I could smell him, my mate, my Goddess given mate, the one that was designed to love me no matter what the circumstance.

Daniel then pulled me out of the room to introduce me to his friend. We spoke for a little while but all I could think about was the scent it was so strong almost as if my mate was standing behind me.

A moment later I was pulled behind Daniel. And he stood in front of me defensively and I did not like seeing my best friend like that so I placed my hand on his shoulder. Which earned a growl from the wolf standing before him. Daniel then spoke "don't touch her Colton"