Five

Travis

Before I went to see Sal I went to the office. I talked to the lady at the front desk to ask if I could call my father. She let me and I called him. After a few rings he answered. "Hello?" I sigh. "Hey father! It's me Travis, I just wanted to let you know I was going to work on a project with my partner for algebra!" I heard him grumble. "Alright.. Just be home tomorrow afternoon?" He probably knew I was gonna end up falling asleep there. I slightly smile. "Alright! Thanks father!" Father then says bye and hangs up. I give the phone to the lady and walk out. I finally met Sal and we started walking. "So.. What took you so long?" He's really trying to start a conversation with me? "Uh.. Told my father I was going to be gone today." Sal nods.

We walked into his apartment and it smelled like alcohol and cherries. Then I saw sal's dad on the couch. Drunk and passed out. And I thought sal's family was perfect. We walk into sal's room and he plops on a beanbag. He pats the one next to him. I sigh and take my bag off and put it next to his door. I then saw his cat on his pillow. I walk over to it and sit down on sal's bed. "Oh, that's Gizmo. He usually doesn't like new people so be careful." I nod. I slowly reach my hand out to let him sniff it. He carefully does then he licks my finger. I smile and let out a soft giggle. It made Sal turn to look at us. I gently pet Gizmo on the head and he purrs. He then slowly gets up and waddles to my lap then plops down on it. I heard Sal chuckle and move to sit next to me. He gently pet Gizmo on the head. "Guess he likes you." I slightly smile and pet Gizmo on the stomach. Maybe this wasn't going to be too bad.

It's been a few hours and me and Sal just got done with the assignment. It's like 9? I lean back on the beanbag and sigh. Sal does the same and chuckles. "Was it really that bad Travy?" Travy? "Uh- No?-" Sal looked over at me and I looked at him. He slightly giggled and looked away. I'm guessing he doesn't like eye contact. "Want some popcorn? We can watch a movie then sleep if you want." Just then my stomach grumbles at the thought. Sal chuckles and gets up. "Pick a movie if you'd like." I grab his remote in between the beanbags and turn the tv on.