Oscorp

Chrissy's POV:

Today I woke up in plenty of time, probably because I knew I wasn't going into school but actually a school trip. I hate science but a trip is a trip!

I walk downstairs, to the door expecting to see Peter on the other side. Instead I see him running from his house to mine.

"Oh how the tables have turned. What time do you call this?" I mock, it's always me that's ready last. We begin walking.

"Sorry, I barely got any sleep. I was looking into some Oscorp stuff."

I was astonished, "It's not like you to be prepared for school stuff." He laughed, "Yeah, ah." He rubs his head awkwardly.

__________

It's nearly 8:30, we have been waiting by the buses for what feels like a lifetime. I've already had to put up with Flash being a dick as usual and small talk with Gwen. Mental eye roll.

"Right then folks, head onto the bus. You can sit with who ever you want but I'll be assigning partners for the tour of the building." Mr Fletcher shouts over to the class.

We head onto the bus, as the last two on there we are struggling to find a seat together. "Peter, over here." Gwen shouts over ushering over to the empty seat next to her. Peter looks at me with guilt in his eyes, "Go ahead I'll be fine... next to Mr Fletcher." I say looking around to find the only free seat is by the teacher. How lame.

I sit down next to Mr Fletcher and he starts quizzing me on different science terminology. I look behind me through the rows to see Peter and Gwen laughing together. I turn back as my cheeks start to feel flushed.

__________

We finally get to the Oscorp main entrance and Mr Fletcher starts reading the partners.

"Flash with Ned, Lewis with Diane, Harry with Mary Jane, Peter with..."

Please say me, please say me. "...Sam and Chrissy with Gwen." Oh great. This day got worse...

I walk over to Gwen I smile slightly, she smiles back but with my enthusiasm. "Hey, I'm so glad we got to be partners, I was worried I'd end up with Flash or someone aha." Gwen beams out.

I'll just try to be friendly and civil. "Omg same here, so you work here right?" Great, now I'm making small talk. "Yeah I do, obviously not today but I know pretty much everything we are gonna be shown today." She replies.

We head into a room where we are greeted by a important looking man.

"Welcome. My name is Dr. Curtis Connors. Yes, in case you're wondering, I'm a southpaw." The class gave a light laugh not knowing how to react to the joke.

"I'm not a cripple... I'm a scientist, and the world's foremost authority on herpetology." Dr Connors continues. I look to the other side of the room to see Peter really engrossed in what is being said. Which is odd because he doesn't show much of an interest usually.

"That's reptiles, for those of you who don't know. Like the Parkinson's patient, who watches on in horror as her body slowly betrays her, I long to fix myself. I want to create a world without weakness. Anyone care to venture a guess just how?"

Beats me, I have no idea whatsoever. Gwen on the other hand is waiting for someone to say something. She already knows, obviously because that's her job.

"Yes?" Connors says, I look over to see Harry has risen his hand. "Stem cells?" He asks.
"Promising. But the solution I'm thinking of is more radical." I thought Harry would know seeing as his Dad owns the building.

"No one?" Connors asks, looking defeated.

"Cross-species genetics." I hear, I look around to who said that and it was none other than Peter.

He carries on, "Person gets Parkinson's when the brain cells that produce dopamine start to disappear. But a zebra fish has the ability to regenerate cells on command. If you could give this ability to the woman you're talking about, that's that. She's..."

Connors cuts Peter off, "Shes curing herself"

Well I never thought I'd hear Peter talk this much in a crowd let alone in an academic setting.

Flash then shouts out, "Yeah, you just have to look past the gills on her neck." The class starts laughing. What a dick.

"And you are?" Connors asks moving closer to Peter. Right as Peter is to respond Dr Connors Pager begins to beep.

"Right, I've got to get back to work. Lovely meeting you all." He says as he walks back to work.

Mr Fletcher ushers us to keep walking to the next room, I look to see where Peter is but he is no where to be found. That's odd. I try to wander off to look for him but Gwen pulls me over to her.

"We've gotta keep going, the security in this place is brutal. You'll get kicked out for wandering off." Oh Gwen, such a goody two shoes. I follow her and hope to see Peter soon.

__________

We are on the way out of the building after finishing the tour and Peter is still no where to be seen. We all wait outside for the bus to arrive when I suddenly get a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to find Peter. He looks awful, he is sweating, he's hair is all over the place.

"Are you okay Peter?" I ask worryingly. "Yeah, no I'm fine. Why?" He responds. "It's just, you disappeared all day and now you look like you're high or something?"

"Oh, I just... I just." He stuttered. "You are high, are you?!" I raise my voice slightly. "No, no. I'm not high, babe. Just tired." He just called me babe, he has never called me babe. I think he noticed because he went more red in the face than he already was.

I didn't know what to say. He quickly filled the awkward silence, "hey, let's get closer to the bus so we can sit together". "Okay. Are you sure you're okay?" I persist. "I'm fineeee." He answers.

__________

We get off the bus back at school, I phoned my mom while on the bus to meet us at school to pick us up. I told her how ill Peter was looking and feeling and she was happy to drive up.

I'm really worrying about Peter and it makes it worse by him saying he is fine.

Beep beep.

Mom presses the horn to let us know she is here.

The horn really startled Peter, he flinched like crazy. It wasn't even loud. What is going on with him?

We hop in the car and mom has her music blasting in the car. She's listening to a band called The Smiths, she loved them growing up. She got me to like them in an attempt to keep at least my music taste British, as I was so young moving from the UK my accent is a weird British/American hybrid.

Peter utters quietly and desperately, "can you turn that down please?" "What was that darling?" My mom asks. "Can you turn the music down!" Peter repeats louder with annoyed undertones. Im confused, the music isn't even that loud. "Urm, yes. Of course. Sorry." Mom apologises profusely.

I'm sat in shock, I've never heard Peter talk like that. Let alone to my mom. We park up in front of the house and Peter doesn't even say goodbye or thank you for the ride. He slams the door shut and runs into his house. I apologise to my mom, " I'm sorry, mom. I dunno what's come over him." "No worries, darling. He's a growing boy, ain't he?" She smiles back.

I close my bedroom door shut and begin to text Peter.

Hey Peter, erm. Are you okay? I'm worried about you. You are never snappy or rude. You didn't even say goodbye to me. I didn't like how you spoke to my mom. Please call me?xx

I click send.

I wait and wait for a response.

I go and shower and brush my teeth for bed. I check my phone.

Read. 9:43pm

So he read my message, an hour ago and nothing. I feel the pit in my stomach getting wider and my eyes begin to sting. I throw my phone across the room and sob into my pillow.