I'm not jealous of Gwen...

Chrissy's POV:

This day needs to end already! There was more shit with Flash at lunch which caused Peter to take more of a beating. He refused to take a picture of Flash terrorising this kid and yeah... And to make it worse Gwen and Peter made small talk after in class. She was like "I know your name, I wanna make sure you know your name" oh please. I was sat behind them mentally throwing up over the awkwardness. I wouldn't be as pressed about it but I can't lie, she is so pretty. Just waiting for this class to be over!

The bell finally rang. "Right then guys, I know you've been waiting all summer for this trip so tomorrow is our visit to Oscorp! Meet outside by the school buses at 8:30, it's a big building, we'll be there all day!" Mr Fletcher informed the class.

As we leave the classroom I discreetly pull Peter away from Gwen, "Are you as excited as me for the trip?" I say sarcastically, I hate all things science. "It should be fun, Mr Fletcher is choosing our partners so hopefully I get Gwen." Peter replies.

That pit in my stomach is back again.

__________

We are half way home when Peter gets a call from Uncle Ben. "Hey Chris, I'm really sorry but I gotta run. I need to rush home and help my uncle with something in the basement. Are you okay walking the rest of the way back on your own or do you fancy a light jog with me?" He knows I can't run to save my life so I slap him on the shoulder. "You're hilarious, go. I'll talk later."

Peter gives me a hug, "Right, talk later. Bye" and he starts running off.
I wish that hug lasted a little bit longer, it was so warm and calming. Now I'm left alone and it's getting dark. I start walking again but at a faster pace, I do really hate walking alone. Peter and I always walk together.

__________

I messaged Peter as soon as I got home to let him know I got home safe, but no reply. It's now 10pm and still nothing. I try ringing him but nothing.

It's getting late so I head to bed as we have a long day tomorrow. I'm just about to turn off my lamp and I get a text from Peter.

Peter✌🏼
10:33pm
- Hey, sorry I missed your call. I was helping my uncle for ages and then I found something of my dads so I've just been looking through that. There's a few things I found about Oscorp so tomorrows trip should be interesting. Anyway, see ya tomorrow.xx

I quickly read and reply and turn off my lamp and try to fall asleep