Rugged Pain

Sabian Prew looked bleakly at his surroundings. He should have known. Why on earth had he chosen this group anyway? Oh yeah. Because of Lisa. She wasn't worth this. Any of this. Sabian knew perfectly well that he was disliked, throughout the group, but that hadn't stopped him. Oh no. He had just waltzed up to Nathan and declared that he was worthy of the group. Never mind that he was Lisa's boyfriend. No. 

It started well. Sabian was able to answer all the entrance questions(entrance questions? What gang has entrance questions?) and Lisa even hinted that she might like his manner. But no. It would never last. When they lead him to the warehouse, Sabian got a hint of what was to come. No, he thought, don't go in there. Something bad will happen in there. And he had chosen to ignore it. Well, he knew what the bad thing was. Lisa. Somehow, she had made him confess the real reason that he had come here. She did it in an ever so kind and I-will-never-hurt-you sort of way too. But whatever she had done, it had worked. And now Nathan was going to kick his butt.

 Nathan was no pretty sight. He was bulky, like a rhino, and had a worn out, square face, with deeply set eyes and half-shaved hair, the other non-shaved part long and spikey, like daggers. He was of average height, but his bulk made him look bigger, and his sneering face added to the effect. Compared to Sabian, he was ugly, but his face still held on to some sort of handsome masculinity.

Sabian, though, was more of a stereotypical handsome. He had blonde hair and sky-blue eyes, and he himself wasn't too bad strength-wise either. But right now, strength was the last thing Sabian could summon to him, and as the chains wrapped around his bleeding wrists swayed slightly, he winced, the small motion shooting sparks of pain down his alreadly hurt body.

Uh oh, Sabian thought to himself, they're getting bored. Nathan, who had since then been pacing the ground in front of Sabian as if waiting for something, grunted angrily, and his gang, a large group of equally bulky and scarred teenagers, gathered around Sabian's hanging figure, horrid sneers erupting on their faces.

"Well," Said Nathan "Since help isn't coming, and that it's now certain you're gonna die anyway, I think I can let you on to a little secret," He took out a switchblade, and studied it. Sabian flinched, the cut above his eyebrow throbbing as it recognized the blade that inflicted it.

"What?" Sabian barked testily, a little bit of anger giving him strength to speak "Some sad little romance story about you and Lisa?" The gang seemed to growl angrily at Sabian. Growl?

No of course not, thought Sabian. Humans don't growl.

"If," Spoke Lisa, leaping down from a pile of crates "You are idiotic enough to think that Nathan and I aren't together, then you're more stupid than I thought,"

Sabian shifted. He could tell that his hands and wrists were slippery from the downpour they'd had to go through from outside, and possibly...blood? Knowing that at any moment his hands would come loose of the chains, he tensed his muscles.

He couldn't fall down now, something told him. Not yet.

"So," Nathan continued "Have you ever heard of the gods?"

Gods? Thought Sabian. What?

"No," He replied, his puzzlement clearly shown on his blood-stained face.Nathan turned, and gripped Sabian by the neck, his switchblade at Sabian's throat.

"Tell the truth!" He growled "Or I'll order them to tear you apart, piece by piece,"

"Honestly!" Sabian choked out "I don't know anything!"

"Not the beautiful Aphrodite? Not the brutal Ares? NOT EVEN-"

BOOM

A huge roar of thunder sounded, then the rain outside seemed to come at gallons at a time. The pounding of the rain on the top of the warehouse made it practically impossible to hear anything, so Sabian could only see Nathan's gang pacing around, at a rapid speed. The man himself had let go of Sabian, and was now with Lisa, one firm hand on her shoulder, and his other hand clutching his switchblade like his life depended on it. He yelled out to the panicking gang.

"No, you idiots!" Sabian could just catch his words over the rain "Stop moving! Don't touch anything metal!" Sabian could understand everything, but to him, it didn't seem, well, English.

BOOM

Louder this time, if that were even possible, the thunder shook the whole place. Knowing that it wouldn't be long until the lightning struck, he writhed around with as much energy he could muster, trying desperately to get his wrists free of the chains. His fingers clawed uselessly against the cold, ruthless metal. Somehow, a countdown started in his head.

Five.

He had to find a weak spot-

Four.

Suddely there was a shift, a part looser than the others-

Three.

Cold sweat and rain clouded his eyesight, but still Sabian pulled and shook-

Two.

The chains were less strong now, reluctantly lessening their clutch onto Sabian-

One.

He'd done it, his hands were slipping-

Zero.

Then lightning struck, and Sabian saw darkness.