CHAPTER 2

MARNIE'S POV

MARNIE'S POV

I found of yesterday from my mom that she invited Luke and his nephew Jess to dinner at our house, including Jackson and Sookie because my mom couldn't cook if her life depended on it. I was excited to me Luke's nephew, my mom said that he was kinda quiet and seemed reserved. But I was ready to meet him. I was just wearing a random green short sleeve shirt and jeans. I was sitting on Rory's bed reading a book that I picked up on our bookshelf while Rory was doing homework at the desk. We heard the doorbell ring and mom went to get the door.
"You excited to meet him?" said Rory looking at me
"Yeah, we need more new people and excitement here."
"Rory, Marnie they're here!" said mom and the famous Jess walked into our bedroom. As soon as he walked in we started at eachother for a few seconds until Rory said something.
"Hey."
"Hey."
"I'm Rory and that's Marnie."
"Figured." He said going to our bookshelf
"Wow, aren't we hooked on phonics?" Jess said looking at our shared bookshelf and picking up my copy of the Howl, one of my favorites.
"Yeah we read a lot, I can lend that to you if you want" I said finally saying something. "Do you read a lot?"
"Not much"
He then walks over to our window.
"Do these open"
"Yeah you just need to unlatch them and pull them up" Said Rory
"Great. Shall we?"
"Shall we what?" said Rory being so insanely clueless.
"He wants us to bail Ror." i said looking at her while laughing a bit.
"As much as i would love to bail, it's a Tuesday night and there's not much to do, the 24 pharmacy just closed 20 minutes ago." I said looking at him
"Let's go sit on a park bench or something." He said trying to convince us even though I didn't need much convincing.
"No c'mon, Sookie made a ton of really good food and you're really going to love it" said Rory giving him a smile and i nodded agreeing with her.
"Why should i trust you two?"
"Don't we look trustworthy?" said Rory smiling and going into the kitchen.
"C'mon, another night we can bail and do whatever" I said following after Rory and Jess following after me.
"You want something to drink?" I said looking at him and Rory already went into the living room.
"Yeah sure."
"We have coke, sprite, gatorade, beer, water."
"I'll take a beer" he said looking at me
"Ok." I said grabbing one and giving it to him while i grabbed a sprite.
He then walks outside so i follow him to see what he's gonna do.
"You don't like it here do you?" I said looking at him once were both outside
"Jeez what makes you say that?"
"I can just tell."
Then all of a sudden my mom comes outside just as Jess opended his beer.
"Thanks!" She said grabbing it out of his hand before he can take a sip.
"Marnie Jane inside now." my mom said giving me a look.
I rolled my eyes and gave Jess a small smile as i walked inside and ate.
The rest of the night went downhill, mom and Luke got into a fight about Jess and speaking of Jess, he bailed. He seems like a nice kid, I mean yeah he wasn't the nicest to my mom but he just moved here against his will can you really blame him? If my mom kicked me out and made me move in with my uncle I would be reacting the same way. Give him a break.
Later that night Rory told me that she needed a folder for school so i went with her. As we were walking out of the store we ran into Jess.
"Hey stranger that was quite the disappearing act you pulled earlier" i said as we walked up to him.
"Yeah small dinners aren't really my thing."
"Figured."
"What are you two doing out here?"
"Rory needed something for school" I said gesturing to her.
"Surprise" Jess said pulling out the Howl
"Thanks thief" i said grabbing it and opening it seeing stuff written in the margins.
"You read this before, you told us you didn't read much."
"What is much?" He said shrugging his shoulders.
"We have to go, goodnight Ponyboy."
I said as we walked away.
"Ponyboy? The outsiders?"  He said
"Ding ding ding"
"See ya Cherry" he said going in the opposite direction.
Once we were out of hearing distance from Jess, Rory broke the silence.
"You so like him!" she said teasing me
"Oh hush."

chapter 2!!! hope you guys enjoyed, sorry if this was short and it didn't match up, i tried my best without watching the episode!