Chapter Twenty Nine | In a Harmony's Presence

"Hm..." Nora scans the magazine covered paper, feeling the wrinkled edges from the glue on her finger as she traces the edge. "It seems like something Yu would do, but he already asked Eiji to the dance. I have no idea who gave it to you... or what it means."

You let out a disappointed sigh, continuing to comb through Nora's rose pink hair, braiding a lock of it and pulling it over her head like a headband. "I'm not sure who it would be either."

Kaya looked away from her vanity. "A riddle? Let me see." You handed her the paper and she tapped her chin. "Sapphire. Someone that's obviously some sort of fan. Maybe knows you personally. But not a lot of people in Japan know that your stage name was Sapphire."

You and Nora looked at each other. Neither of you knew that Kaya was so good at riddles and such.

"As for 'in a harmony's presence,' it's probably near a speaker, or the stage at least. The speakers are on the floor to the left and right of the stage. As for the person... it's probably Miya."

"M-Miya? But he'd never do something like that!"

"Sure, but he gets a lot of his advice, dating and otherwise, from Yu or Shindo, so he most likely got this idea, or the letter itself from Yu. Don't you think?"

You looked down for a moment. "Even if it isn't Miya, I'll check it out just in case since I've already rejected all the other letters." Hina peered over your shoulder. "Hm, it doesn't seem like something Miya would do, indeed. But assuming he doesn't have a date yet..."

"I'll just check it out, that's all. Hina, need help with the zipper on your dress?"

"Oh, yes please."

•••

"When are the girls getting here?" Shindo mumbled.

"Aw, you're just jealous that my boyfriend came first!" Eiji's face turned red and he buried it in the crook of Yu's neck. "Y-Yu, there are people watching..."

"Then let them watch. You're gorgeous after all."

"I-I think they're looking at you." Eiji tried to avoid looking at the girls staring at Yu, an anxiety raising in his chest. "Hey, it's not like I'd stop dancing with you to dance with them."

Shindo clicked his tongue, his hands jamming into his suit pockets. "Where's Miya?" Shindo questioned, his eyes scanning the area.

"He's gone to wait for his date." Yu swooned Eiji and held his face close to Eiji's. "He just had to be fancy with it instead of being direct. Right Eiji?"

"I'm sure Eiji has gotten a whiff of your cologne enough times today, Yu." Shindo looked up the stairs leading to the dance and his eyes widened. "Yu..."

"Hm?" A smirk creeped up onto Yu's face. "Look up there."

Hina, Kaya, and Nora were all walking down the steps, talking about who knows what until they gained sight of the boys.

Yu put his arm around Shindo's neck with a proud smile. "Oh? Look who's the red face now." Shindo clamped his hand over his mouth, watching Hina slowly walk down the stairs, greet one or two people, and slowly walk towards him.

The clack of her heels made him nervous as it got louder and louder until she came to a stop in front of him. "Good evening, Shindo. You look splendid."

"Y-Yeah, thanks... You... You look incredible."

Kaya giggled, walking up to the group with Nora squeezing her hand. "Hey guys! Doesn't Hina look pretty, Shindo?" Her tone was teasing and slow, her eyes holding a cunning glint. "Cool it, Shindo, you look like you're about to melt."