There's No Looking Back

Marion

"You've never liked it here and neither have I. I won't be sorry to say goodbye to Peacehaven and to the bungalow. I'm not sure where I will go, but Norwood seems a good place to start. Julia still lives there and I would like to tell her this story, too. And then I would like to listen to what she has to say, because I have had enough of my own words. What l'd really like now is to hear another story.

I won't look in on you again. I'll leave this page on the kitchen table in the hope that Tom will read it to you. I hope he will take your hand as he does so. I cannot ask for your forgiveness, Patrick, but I hope I can ask for your ear, and I know you'll have been a good listener."

I put my keys on the kitchen table and on top of the little note I left Patrick and Tom in the hope Tom will understand this message because I won't ever come back to this place.
I take my bags that I already packed,going towards the front door.
I exhale. I am a little scared because leaving all of this behind me is harder than I thought but I finally need to leave and have a happy life.

I open the door.
Before I close the door behind me,I look back for one last time and that's it.

I got myself a taxi that will get me to the train station -Norwood here I come.