"Uh," I hesitate, but after a moment of consideration, I realized that getting back into the kitchen again would probably be a pain in the ass so perhaps it wouldn't be a terrible idea to take it from him since I had already finished my own drink and was only slightly tipsy, "Yeah, sure, why not?"

He hands me the drink and almost immediately disappears back into the crowd. I lift the drink up to my mouth and let some of the drink into my mouth, almost immediately gagging after. Was this just a cup half-filled with rum?

Despite the gross taste, I continue to drink it as I wander around the house. Lydia had promised to drive me home that night if I did end up getting too drunk, as she was already taking Naomi and Sawyer home, so I saw no real reason to regulate how much I was drinking.

I must've drank a good ¾ of the cup (a regrettable amount, at that) before my phone buzzes in my pocket. What I had expected to be a text back from Lydia ended up being a text from Mikaela. Honestly, I didn't care who was texting me as long as it was someone who would meet up with me.

Through my blurred vision, it was hard to make out what was written on my phone. I squint my eyes, trying to focus in on the words.

"Arb u heere?" Mikaela must've been drunk too.

"Yesx," I sent back, and then with another text, "Were ardyou?"

"whzt?"

"WWhere are you?"

"Meat mein the upstairs boathroom. It's too loud ojt there."

" wHich door is it?" Because, really, the last thing that I desired was to accidentally walk into the wrong room and see random people doing something that I wasn't meant to see.

"S2econd door on the right."

"Are you here?" The text read.

"Yeah," I sent back, and then with another text, "Where are you?"

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to navigate through a dark hallway when you're drunk. I must've lost balance at least three times before stumbling into the bathroom.

When I open the door, Mikaela is sitting on top of the sink with her phone in her hands. Through blurred vision, I try to get a good look at her and what she's wearing. She has on a short black skirt and a shirt with some sort of red and blue pattern on it. She looks pretty-really pretty.

"Sam!" She greets cheerfully, and with the way that she's saying her words, I assume she must be just as drunk as I am.

The next few moments are a blur, honestly. All I know is that at some point, either I must've made a move on her or she made a move on me because, by the time I tune back into reality, we're making out.

This time is much less awkward than the first time. Though, part of this might have something to do with how drunk I am. Still, I don't care, I'm just glad that it doesn't feel as weird.

Mikaela was still sitting on the sink as we kissed. As things intensified, she wraps her legs around my waist and pulls me in closer. Being this physically close to someone isn't something that I'm used to. I've definitely been in this position before, just not often. I can feel my body grow excited in ways that I don't necessarily want it to. Embarrassed, I try to move my body a little further from her hips. Noticing the growing distance, she only pulls me in closer using her hips. I suppose she must've felt a difference, as she not-so-subtly moves her hand down to lightly trace that area.