7.

**Alex's POV**

I entered the hall to find it full of laughter as everyone was dancing to the music. My eyes shifted to the small tiny figure sitting on the huge leather chair which was two times bigger than her. She looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here but still had a small smile on her face. Her smile dropped the moment she saw me coming towards her.

"Sienna, about what you saw earl—"

"It's fine Alex, you don't have to explain anything to me." She said without even looking at me once.

There are times when she annoyes me, moments where I'm seconds aways from pulling my hair out because of how much she talks but right now I would give anything to make her turn into that person.

We sat there for a moment in silence before I decided to grab a drink. I got to the bar where I found Nick. He was my best friend more like a brother and one of the few people who knew the actual reason behind my break up.

"You know you have terrible timing."

I looked at him confused. "Huh?"

"The announcement." He said his eyes focused somewhere else as he took a sip of his drink. I followed his line of sight only to find it landing on my wife who was talking to someone . I looked back at him with a confused look.

"The announcement of your break up didn't come up as a mutual decision Alex but as if two lovers were torn appart by a home wrecking bitch."

"Why would you say that."

"Oh, its not me. Its what everyone today has been talking about and Sophia has been happily playing victim so your wife is the hot topic for today's gossip."

I clenched my jaw as I realised why she didn't want to be here. I turned to look at my wife only to find her seat empty.

"I saw Sophia come up to her. The—"

I didn't wait for him to finish. I knew I had to find her. My eyes searched for the girl I'm married to, but she was no where to be found.

And then I saw her on the balcony. Her face shining bright in the moonlight and her eyes glistening, but it had something different, something which made it clear that she was upset. She wasn't smiling anymore her lips were quivering and eyes were shut closed, it seemed like she would have a mental breakdown any moment.

It wasn't long before I saw Sophia exiting from there, she looked angry. I could tell that she'd been yelling at Sienna who was just standing there. I didn't realise Nick had joined me by that time watching the two interact.

Before I could contemplate what was happening, I felt like my legs had a mind of their own. I could sense myself taking steps forward even before I could think. The urge to be by her side was so alien but it seemed like a necessity, a duty. It seemed as if someone just pushed me to be there to tell her that she wasn't alone.

Her eyes shot open the moment she felt my presence and as if on some kind of reflex, my hand immediately stretched forward in front of her to which she instantly clutched like her life depended on it. My hold on her hand tightened as I started making small circles at the back of her palm in an attempt to soothe her. She released a breath of relief and I saw her visibly calm down.

"Let's just get out of here, please." She was seconds away from crying, I could hear it in her voice. As much as I wanted to confront Sophia about the whole situation I knew I had to get Sienna out of here first.

Hey Guys,
Hope you like this chapter, I would love to know about your thoughts! Please do vote, comment and follow.