One Too Many Insults (4) [last]

Mammon walked hours worth of walking, and with a body covered in bruises, cuts, and even a bleeding side, he desperately needed a sign, a sign it would be okay. He finally reached the front doors of the House of Lamentation, but his body.. could go no further...

{Mammon} I-It's too f-faar.. to rea-reachh- *THUD*

His hand was just a step away from reaching the door handle of the front doors. He was now left on the ground, unconscious, unloved, waiting for a miracle to reach him, but now I believe that miracle didn't reach him in time.

The next morning

{Lucifer} Okay, we're all going to search for Mammon tonight again. I'm quite concerned that something horrible has happened to him...

Everyone at the breakfast table nodded in silence. Asmodeus had finished his breakfast first, so he headed for the doors. But as he opened the front doors and met his eyes at Mammon's unconscious body on the ground, he let out a huge gasp then screamed.

{Asmodeus} GUYSS!!!

Everyone rushed down to the front doors and saw Mammon. Lucifer was the first to approach Mammon's body immediately.

{Lucifer} Mammon. Mammon. Please wake up. Please..

Lucifer's eyes started to fill with water and he flipped his body over which revealed all the messed up stuff on Mammon's body. The brothers immediately kneeled down, surrounding Mammon.

{Lucifer} SOMEONE! CALL THE ROYAL PHYCISIAN!

With the desperate look on Lucifer's face, Beelzebub and Satan went to their D.D.D's immediately.

time skip to when they get Mammon into care

Pain, guilt, regret were all the emotions the brothers felt as they reached the room Mammon was put into care. The people taking care of him talked to the brothers and reassured all of them that Mammon was okay and that he just needed rest for the next couple of weeks. As the people talking to them left, some of them started to cry harshly blaming themselves, and Lucifer crouched to the ground covering his face.

{Lucifer} Mammon.. where were you? Why didn't you come for help..? Why...

Lucifer broke down into hot tears covering his face, and Leviathan crouched beside him to comfort him. Soon after that, the brothers left to leave Mammon alone to rest.

the next day

It was the next morning and the brothers built up the courage to visit Mammon. They reached the place and soon entered Mammon's room. Mammon's yellow eyes glistened as they looked towards them. His brothers looked more than happy to see him again.

{Lucifer} Mammon...

Lucifer sat beside Mammon in his bed.

{Lucifer} Could you guys give us some space?

The brothers nodded in agreement and empathy and they left. As soon as Lucifer faced Mammon, he started to tear up, and so did Mammon.

{Lucifer} I'm so sorry.. *short gasp* if I ever made you feel like you had no one on your side.

Mammon started to cry.

{Mammon} And I'm so sorry... *double short gasps* for anything you had to put up with because of me in the first place... *short gasp* I shouldn't have gotten you to revoke my privileges in the first place.. *deep breath in* I know I've been a bad example towards our younger brothers, I want to be better. I swear.

Lucifer held his hand and gave a reassuring squeeze to it, and the others came inside the room to talk to Mammon.

{Leviathan} I'm sorry Mammon.. I should've never started that shit with you..

Mammon cried even harder and smiled to let Leviathan know that he forgave him.

{Asmodeus} On behalf of everyone else, we're sorry if we ever made you feel like you were neglected and unloved, you aren't.. *short breath* and you weren't to begin with.

{Mammon} And.. *short gasp* I'm sorry for being such a nuisance to you all, I don't want to ever give you another thing to worry about.. but I did... *weak smile*

Everyone chuckled slightly after that and gave Mammon the group hug he needed. Mammon was loved, he always was, but finally, he knew for sure that he was.

It's so easy to believe that no one really cares for us, but also so easy to convince others that no one cares for them. It's a constant cycle that needs to be broken. I can only yearn for it to be broken, but of course, only you can decide for yourself if you want to believe the things that they say to you. It's unfair, but it's real. You are loved.