*ੈ III

Scaramouche rustled around his papers on the desk, as he still had on such a stern look in his eyes

Scaramouche rustled around his papers on the desk, as he still had on such a stern look in his eyes. His hat sat on top of the desk, without much movement. And knew from the top of his head that he was going to be busy lately. Not just from his workload, but possibly because of unexpected visits.

"Hey Balladeer~" Ajax ones the door, and smiled— unfazed that he almost got hit by a ball of lightning from the boy. As it hit the doorframe beside him.

"What do you want?"

"I've got a guest."

"No— don't tell me—"

"It's me." [name] said, as she had on a mocking smile at the smaller male. As they nearly heard his inner soul snap.

"Get out."

"Now don't be so hasty, we're not here to bother you per say..." Ajax said, as he had on a scheming look on his face.

"No. Leave me alone." Scaramouche had his hand over his ears, and turned around from the two. "Also, you are no longer allowed to drink here. Because of what happened previously." Scaramouche strictly prohibited her from the beverage.

"Oh come on. It's not a big deal that I made a huge mess last time. Not to mention, you know I'm not always that way, don't you?" That oddly fazed smile she gave him seemed quite fake with all honesty. And mostly seemed sarcastic, though her words seemed sincere.

And that realization made him hesitant in his answer. No— he just simply felt conflicted on what he should have answered with. Because he didn't say a single word to reply to her.

Even though he knew her since a while, a long... long... time ago.

"Though I guess it's a shame I can't drink any of the good quality liquor this castle has." She never seized, or failed to make her smile disappear whenever she was there to annoy him.

And purely, she enjoyed the reactions she'd get out of him too.

"Were you that much in despair, wallowing in your own self-pity after what happened...?" Scaramouche had refused to look her in the eyes, as the room felt colder than ever. And proceeded to clear up the half-cleaned papers on his desk.

"You say funny things. And those funny things are my Achilles heels." She admitted. Not taking a moment of silence as a way to not project herself clearly.

Ajax had his eyes roaming the room, with only a slight hint of curiosity. Considering the fact that he's usually never that curious about things if it's ever involved with no. 6.

"Then I hope your Achilles heels will tell you to avoid coming into contact with me." He nearly said through his teeth, but he was a lot more calm and level headed this time. Partially being the reason that [name] wasn't acting in a way he would feel the need to be.

The lips that curved into such a beautiful arch, twitched into a straight line. But pulled them back up, with the sheer power and will of her own hope to keep up with the façade.