She pulled her earbuds out of her ears and plopped down on the bed. Her two outfits for that day hung in dress bags on the back of her door, and she stared at them just as a knock emanated from the hall.

"Come in." She called, and once she had, the door opened to reveal Deku's sheepish grin.

"Oh, good. I was afraid I'd wake you," he said, opening the door all the way as he looked at her. "Nervous for today?"

"You have no idea." Rin replied quietly. Her gaze was trained on her hands that sat in her lap. She could hear Deku's footfalls as he approached.

"Wanna talk about it?" He offered as he sat beside her. Rin sighed again.

"I'm not sure there's anything to say," she shrugged. "I'm just worried how Aizawa will react to the performance. I really want him to like it."

She could feel Deku's eyes trained on the side of her head, and only looked up to him once his scarred hand draped over hers. He offered her an encouraging smile.

"Mr Aizawa will love it," he reassured. She believed him. "I don't think I've ever seen Mr Aizawa care about something the way he cares about you. No matter if you're singing or dancing or doing nothing at all. I know he's gonna love it, especially if it's a performance dedicated to him, so you have nothing to worry about."

Rin finally found the spirit to smile back at him, and laughed gently once she looked away. He always knew how to make her feel better.

"Thank you, Zuku," she said softly. "That helps."

"I'm glad," he said as he stood up. He offered his hand to her. "I have to head out to buy a new rope for Aoyama. I'll see you later today, okay?"

"Right," she said, and accepted his help in pulling her to her feet. "See you soon."

Deku offered her one final smile before finally leaving her room, and once he was gone, Rin finally took it upon herself to gather her costumes and head out to the festival grounds.

__________

Rin arrived at the 1-A changing rooms for the festival soon after her talk with Deku, and busied herself with setting up her station, where Mina would 'pretty her up' for her performance.

"Hey, fish stick!" Togata's voice called from behind her, and when she turned, she saw that he and Eri were approaching her. Her smile was instantaneous upon seeing them.

"Mirio," she said once they stopped in front of her. She crouched down in front of Eri. "Eri... hi. I'm glad you're here."

"Mhm," she nodded in agreement. "Me too."

"What're you two doing here so early?" Rin's attention was now directed at Togata. He pressed a quick kiss to her cheek.

"We wanted to come see you before you got busy!" He said, grinning. "And to wish you luck, of course! Eri here couldn't wait to see you, isn't that right, Eri?"

Eri shyly nodded in response. Rin couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm glad to see you guys," Rin said sweetly. She clasped her hands together and hopped up and down on the soles of her feet. "Deku gave me a pep talk before I left this morning, but I'm still a little nervous."

"Nervous! Get outta town!" Togata threw his hands in the air. Rin laughed. "You'll be fantastic. I just know it. Eri does too! Don't you?"

Togata looked down to Eri again for an answer, and she nodded quickly in agreement.

"Rinny!" Mina's voice sounded from the entry way as she and the other 1-A students entered the room. "Thank God you're here! I was looking everywhere for you!"

Mina quickly put the things she was holding down onto a stray table before pulling Rin into a quick hug.

"Sorry," Rin managed once Mina was holding her at arms length. "I decided to get here early to start setting up. I should have told you."

"Never apologize for being efficient!" Mina declared before squinting up at Togata. "Alright, lover boy. It's time to take Eri and skedaddle. Rin has a lot to do before we can go on stage!"

"Roger that, captain!" Togata laughed whilst scooping Eri up in his arms. "Alright Eri, it's time to say bye for now."

"Already?" She looked crestfallen. Rin quickly placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay," she smiled warmly once Eri met her gaze. "Mirio will take you to do some games before the events start. I'll see you again real soon, okay?"

Eri was quiet for a moment before slowly holding her pinkie out. The gesture made Rin's smile widen. "Promise?"

"I promise." Rin nodded as she secured her pinkie with Eri's.

"Alright, alright, go on!" Mina shooed them out with her hands while Rin offered one last wave of farewell before Togata disappeared around the corner.

"What's got you so frantic?" Rin asked as she sat down in front of one of the many vanities lining the back wall of the room.

"Midoriya isn't back yet with Aoyama's rope!" Mina threw her hands up in the air before tangling them in her curly hair. "We don't have a show without either of those things!"

"He's still not back?" Rin asked, surprised.

"No! And I have no idea what's keeping him," Mina sounded stressed out as she opened one of her makeup bags. "If he's not back in the next hour we're screwed."

"It'll be okay, Mina," Rin reached out to take one of her fidgeting hands. The gesture made Mina turn her head. A worried frown rested on her face. "We've got a whole hour. Plus, you still have to get ready yourself."

Mina sighed, visibly calmer as her shoulders relaxed. "I know, you're right. I just want today to go perfectly! We have to rush after the concert too if we want to get you on stage for the pageant on time."

"You don't have to worry about getting me ready, too, Mina." Rin gave her a pointed look.

"What? Of course I do!" Mina plopped the makeup brushes she was sorting down on the counter. "I need to make sure you look perfect! Plus, you don't know how to do your hair or makeup or anything like that, so you're gonna need me!"

Rin pursed her lips and took both of Mina's hands. "Although you may be right, I don't want you to have to worry about me on top of everything else too. Will you at least let me help you help me?"

"Help how?" Mina pouted.

"Well," Rin said, replacing Mina's hands with the brushes she had strewn on the counter. "I know how to organize. So why don't you go change while I take care of these for you?"

"Oh, Rin," Mina crouched down to hug her. "You're the best! I'll only be a minute."

Rin laughed in response as Mina scampered off to get herself at least half ready, and Rin did as she promised in organizing all of the materials Mina had brought with her. Brushes. Eyeshadow pallets. Hair products. As she sorted through everything, Rin found herself impressed with how much Mina had brought with her. There was no way they weren't prepared.

As Rin finished up, Mina was true to her word and returned just a few minutes later. Rin looked up as she proceeded in taking over, and saw that she was dressed in the blazer and skirt she had assigned for the concert.

"You look great, Mina," Rin smiled at the sight of her. "But I can finish, really."

"Team work makes the dream work, Rinny!" Mina shined her a bright grin. "Now it's your turn to get dressed."

"But —"

"Ah, ah!" Mina cut her off whilst taking her by the shoulders. "No buts! Go get dressed."

Rin merely blinked in defeat and did as she was told, smiling at her newfound excitement for that days events.