15- ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ ᴍᴏᴛᴏʀʙɪᴋᴇ

Start from the beginning

He chuckled some of the awkwardness away, "So you're okay?"

"One hundred percent okay, just not talking to him at this precise moment in time. But if you need anything you can ask for it," she smiled, standing up straight again.

"Same goes," he responded with a similar smile, catching her very subtle hint immediately. "I'll see you later then?"

"Bye Jake," she smiled, planning to talk to him on the phone later. Even if she wasn't talking to Billy, it didn't stop her from talking to Jake and right now something within her told her that he needed someone to talk to. So, she wanted to be there for him for as long as she could be. As she gently closed the door, Athena swivelled around and fixed the rude intruder to her house with a glare.

"That was rude," she scowled, not exactly radiating happiness.

"He's a wolf," Jasper responded simply as if they had done something awful to offend him in an unforgivable way.

"Not yet he isn't," she snapped, feeling odd levels of anger towards the situation. She didn't know why, maybe she felt overprotective of Jake? She visibly shuddered at the thought.

"Okay I'm sorry, I'll be nicer next time," he apologised, hoping it would help tie together whatever wound he had unknowingly opened. Athena smiled softly, just about forgiving his actions as she sensed there was some other reason as to why he had acted so irrationally.

"So, to what do I owe this visit?" she asked, relocking the door. Keeping both doors in her house locked at all times had become a habit that she could just not shake. Athena didn't know whether it was due to Alice's vision or something greater than that, like a gut feeling that she was in certain danger but the feeling never computed to her head. She did not know whether it was out of fear or not, given that the locking of the door would not stop a vampire in any way shape or form - if anything it would just gode them on even more. Maybe it was something she held from her mortal life?

"I just wanted to see you, is all," he hummed, sitting down next to the cocoon of blankets that she had created on the sofa. She knew that the blankets had no purpose to warm her body yet they made her feel ever so cosy and warm - an odd feeling given her very cold outer surroundings.

"Missed my amazing self that much huh?" she chuckled softly, climbing back into her blanket chair. The action earned a soft chuckle from Jasper which stopped once her phone buzzed against the dark wood coffee table. She sighed and switched it on silent, not wanting to hear the sound anymore.

Jasper raised a brow at the sound, "Billy again?"

"Yeah, he just does not know when to call it a day," she sighed, beginning to feel slightly awful about how she was treating him. Nevertheless, Athena would stick her ground until she actually forgave him. She wasn't one to actively lie in any sort of relationship with anyone and forgiving him now would most certainly be a lie. "You choose the movie," she smiled, handing him the television remote. Jasper scrolled through the multiple streaming services that Athena owned, looking through every movie until he found one that caused a smile to fall onto his face. And of course, it was a western.

They spent the next hour and a half watching the movie. Jasper watched it all the way through, glancing to watch her reaction at some of the bigger reveals that filled most of the movie's screen times. He had only chosen it because he knew it was one of the better cowboy movies that could keep anyone hooked from the very first scene. Athena had long ago ditched the book on her lap, giving the tv screen her full and undivided attention as she watched the story unfold. She felt the anticipation in all the highly-strung parts and the sadness that came after the battle. She wondered why she adored this movie so much, given it came from a genre that she had tried and tested over the years but still hated. Jasper hadn't been inflicting her emotions, she knew that to be true.