Nandini frowned at the last sentence. Manik couldn't be serious but to her surprise, he seemed damn serious. Still, she chucked all her thoughts and slapped his shoulder.

Nandini: Why would you say that to our baby?

Manik shrugged as she controlled the urge to roll her eyes.

Nandini: Manik, it is just a baby, our baby. What harm could our own baby cause us?

She chuckled as Manik turned away his face, too embarrassed to even form a sentence but still he remained firm on his stance.

Nobody harms her, not even their baby.

Nandini joked about something to ease the situation. Manik seemed to buy it as they indulged into a stupid random conversation. She was telling him weird stories she read on internet about pregnant woman and he tried his best to provide her with all his attention.

Nandini caught him zoning out in between. She had no idea what was going around in his head. Manik always had the bad habit to overthink. He would overthink to the point where she would get worried and then at the end he would dump all the information he had collected infront of her, asking her to to solve whatever he was going through.

It was weird but that's how he worked.

Nandini: Manik, Aap theek ho na?

She asked, halting him in the middle of a sentence and he stilled at his place. What a fool he was to think he could hide it from her.

Manik: I am fine, just tensed.

Nandini: Is it about dad? Did he say anything?

She asked again, worried as he shook his head.

Manik: I had a talk with dad and he was just giving me tips. You know, he told me it is not going to be easy and now, I am not sure of it.

Manik could hear her gasp. He didn't want to tell her- he feared the reaction she was giving him. She stood up abruptly and he followed her.

Nandini: What do you mean?

Manik: Nandini-

Nandini: Tell me, Manik. What do you mean you are not sure of it!

She raised her voice and Manik glanced at the surrounding. They were still standing in the balcony and although nobody could really hear them from here, it didn't feel right.

Nandini followed his gaze and stormed in the room without another word while he walked behind her with a small sigh.

He made her sit on the bed and filled a glass of water for her. She was not fine and he hated the way he started the topic at first place.

Manik: Take this. Nandini!

He called out sternly when she pushed away the glass, the water spilled on his hand but he cared less.

Nandini: Nandini what, Manik? You want me to be calm after you tell me you are not sure of our baby? Tell me, are you already regretting it?

Manik: What! No, Nandini! You are taking it all wrong.

Nandini: Yes, right. I am taking it wrong! Let it be, Manik. Come, Let's sleep.