so long; taeyong

immortal by reinaeiry

taeyong stares at his reflection as he remembered all the times he spent with you.

as an immortal, he was ordered to not get attached by mortals in order to have no distractions in carrying out their mission ; helping humans evolve.

but he couldn't help it. once he saw your sweet smile, his heart started to beat so fast he thought that it would pop out his chest and start an earthquake.

once he finally had the courage to ask the pretty boy out, to his dismay, you rejected him.

not because you didn't like him, it was just, at that time, loving someone of the same gender was a sin.

taeyong understood, but he held out hope, he wanted you to drop all of society's standards and run away with him. but he just couldn't do it. he wanted you to live your fullest.

until, the village noticed after decades that taeyong hasn't aged. so, they decided to hang him and burn him at the stake. but you stopped them. you lied to the villagers that you were the witch that cursed him.

he couldn't accept the fact that you would save someone like him. he even offered doing a spell on you to turn you immortal, but you refused.

🔮

"let them try to kill me please!— you know i would just pretend to die to get this over with—" taeyong sobbed out as he tried to reason with an older looking m/n as he smiled bitterly.

"thank you tae, but, i'll do this for you, so that you would finally leave little old me and live your eternal time at the fullest." taeyong shook his head angrily as he hugged the man.
"no.. please." taeyong begged as he wailed.

both men looked towards the door where the knight stood. waiting for m/n to say his goodbyes.

m/n stood up, and walked towards the guard as he smiled one final smile at taeyong.

for the first time in his life, taeyong wanted to stop being an immortal and die with you, but there's no way how.

.

he clutched his chest in pain as your lifeless figure hung from the rope, as the fire grew and grew to surround you.

he sobbed, but no tears came out. the first human to make him feel emotions, is now dead.

but he made a promise. he promised himself to find you over and over again.

'and i'll always find you again and again, and i'll love every version of you.'

'and i'll lose you everytime.'
- immortal, reinaeiry

🔮

he then looked at the letter he kept, the letter you gave him under the stars of paris.

🔮

he entered the bakery, walking up to the counter, he didn't prepare himself enough to stop the memories from flooding in.

he saw m/n, the same age as when he first saw him. that heart-stopping smile. those eyes that held more stars in the universe. he felt safe.
he felt.. his loneliness fade.

he then ordered and even asked m/n for his number, which he got. he then loved m/n like he never died and left.

he confessed, and finally, you accepted. he also offered for m/n to become immortal with him.
he told taeyong that he'll think about it.

after a few weeks, they moved in together. everything was going perfect, until, m/n got sick, fatally sick.

he never got to answer taeyong's offer, he never got to live out the rest of his life with the love of his life.

seeing m/n die, taeyong thought that he wouldn't cry as much as he did before. but he lied to himself. he cried even more.

he got flashbacks as to when m/n got hanged and burnt, he hyperventilated as the doctors and nurses pulled him out as they announced m/n, dead.

🔮

taeyong has been living by a cycle.

look for m/n > find m/n > love m/n > cry at m/n's death > repeat

he was getting sick of it. he wanted m/n to live forever with him, but he couldn't just force the immortality onto him.

all he needed was a simple yes, but he hasn't gotten that, ever.

🔮

he stared into his reflection. wondering why m/n hasn't agreed to his offers yet. maybe he came on too hard. he sighed as he picked up his coat and wiped his face for any stains.

he is now residing in a rich condo in seoul, he never wanted to go back in his hometown, where his family died and he got took in and turned into an immortal by bae irene.

she wasn't a horrible or bad mother per say, but life as an immortal was. they had to move from country to country to avoid getting exposed by the mortals.

he didn't want to go here, ever. but he soon found out that m/n was reincarnated here, but things have changed, he remembered all his memories from his past lives. he remembered taeyong.

he was given birth by a fellow immortal, therefore making him one as well.

even though they had quite the age gap, one being only 19 and the other being thousands and thousands of years old, but neither of them minded.

🔮

taeyong was just walking down the streets of seoul, during dawn of course. immortals can sleep, but they don't need to, and this resulted in the creation of taeyong's early morning rituals

he entered the 24/7 convenience subconsciously, but, the world seemed to like playing pranks on taeyong. he bumped into someone, making them drop all his belongings.

"oh— i'm so sorry sir i..." he trailed off, as he looked up to see a boy. but not just any boy. the boy he's been looking for, the boy he loved for thousands of years, finally infront of him, as an immortal.

"t-taeyong..?" the boy muttered out a question as his eyes pricked with tears.

taeyong was quick to react as he pulled the younger into a long, warm embrace.

"you're finally here."  taeyong sniffled out as he tightened the hug, and so did m/n.

"what took you so long?"

sobbing crying i've been repeating this song for what seemed like ages