Chapter 9

"Hermosa, do you want some more arepas de queso? Here, have mine."

You were munching on your omelette, the one you specifically asked your mami for yourself. Camilo was putting his arepas de queso on your plate as he took some of your sancocho. Both of you were casually feeding on each other's meal while passing food to each other.

"Your mami's sancocho is so delicious, you must be lucky to have this in your place," Camilo took more of your soup as you took his arepas de queso, "Your Tia Julietta literally heals people with this, chameleon, pull yourself together-"

Camilo gasped on the behalf of your mami, "Tia Constanza's sancocho heals my soul and broken heart by a landslide, how dare," he playfully glared, pointing the spoon to you as you pointed the fork to him, "While Tia Julietta heals them instantly- oh wait no, I mean look at you all," you whispered, realizing.

'It can heal anything physical, but gosh this family's mental health.' You sweated on your thoughts, therefore letting Camilo take the win.

Camilo, though, caught up on it and gasped, laughing hard as he lightly slapped the table from laughing, "That's too right on the spot, hermosa, no mercy!" He said between the laughs.

"Those two sure are close," Pepa whispered to Constanza who was serving food for everyone. She glanced at the persons in topic and laughed, "If only they met when they're young, it could've been better, isn't it, mi amor?"

Friedamor was stuffing pan de bono in her mouth, clearly loving Julietta's food as she blinked. She turned to her wife and coughed, trying to talk while Julietta pat her back, "Ease down, Frieda, no one's eating all of the pan de bono." Julietta dusted off her hands and thought for a moment, "Now that I think of it, why didn't you introduce Omilietta to us back then?"

"Actually," Friedamor started with the bread on her hand, "We did ask Bru to be Omi's godfather, since Peps and you have been our maid of honor in our wedding," Friedamor explained while eating more and more of pan de bono, "So he wouldn't feel out of place in the Sanchez."

She paused for a bit before laughing, "Although, Abuela Maria did confessed Bru comes to the orphanage from time to time because she demanded to feed him or take care of him. He never took Abuela's offer of him staying when he was lost in your family." Friedamor groaned, "He insisted on staying within the walls. I know he is socially awkward, but damn me too, but not that much- ow ow!"

Constanza pinched her cheek and scolded her a bit for not leaving some left for the other, she continued the explanation for Friedamor, "In other words, Bruno knew about Omi, but before he could tell you two-"

Friedamor pointed at Pepa, raising her brow as she nommed arepas de queso, "You were still," she prolonged the 'still', "Kind of bitter when he 'ruined'," she air quoted, "-your wedding. Told Jules that he didn't mean too, it was a harmless joke but I guess Peps was too nervous and clouded, literally."

Pepa pierced her mouth, holding her waist, "Hmph," she crossed her arms while Constanza laughed, patting her back to ease her down, "Before Bruno's disappearance, he told us to keep watching on Omi, and after he left suddenly, we didn't have time to introduce you to them."

Constanza held on her arm and rubbed it gently, "Like how you were distraught of Bruno's disappearance and don't talk about him, we have our own problems to settle with. "

Pepa narrowed her brows as she gently held on Constanza's shoulder, she knew whenever she rubs her shoulder, Constanza would be in the verge of being lost. Friedamor, being her wife, knew this the most as she reached to hold Constanza's hand and intertwined it with hers.