Chapter 7: Stop staring, you're freaking her out

Start from the beginning

"By himself? Is Mikasa not going?"

"If Erens going i can pretty much assume Mikasa will too. But I think he meant someone other than... well Mikasa." He chuckled.

"Oh no i get it." Natalia laughed with him. "Is there anything I can help with after class?"

"No no, don't worry about it. Seriously." He nodded. Natalia felt like she was getting a taste of her own medicine. Always telling people she didn't need help even when she was busiest.

"Okay, we'll please let me know if there's anything. Big or small." She said genuinely and honestly looking into his eyes for confirmation. He just gave her a small head nod and watched her walk to her next class.

He made it back to the rainy bench sighing as he sat back down. He sunk down enough to lean his head back as he waited for Eren.

***

"Mae, pst Mae!" Sasha said throwing a small piece of paper at her from behind to get her attention durning class. Mae confused and only slightly annoyed looked back. With her eye brow raised waiting for an explanation. "Are you going tonight?" Sasha loudly whispered. Mae gave her a thumbs up and turned back around. "Okay because i wanted to ask your opinion on something. Or I guess someone." She started going off.

"Ms, Braus." The professor cleared her throat and. couple people chuckled. It was true the test they had been working on they were both finished with and waiting for time to pass. But they meant it was even quieter and more distracting for Sasha to strike up conversation in the middle of class.

"Oh right sorry." 'yeesh' Sasha thought.

**Sasha and Mae**

Sasha: okay so basically i invited someone i met in culinary class and idk i just met him so i'm not sure maybe it was stupid
Sasha: oh well i guess technically i met him a couple weeks ago when we ordered that pizza
Sasha: anyways i just met him and invited him to this big party

Mae: idk i think that's kinda what college is about. meeting new people, being bold, trying new things.
Mae: i mean for most of us this is the first time we've been without parents or some kind of constant supervision, so to kinda see what life is about you have to experiment

Sasha: youre so wise
Sasha: no like seriously, you should like give people advice for like a living or something
Sasha: what's your major again?

Mae: art right now but idk i've been thinking lately, i know it's a lot to change it and i really didn't want to be one of those people who like change their major a hundred times but i'm just not sure what i'll be able to pursue with art, everyone in my class is just really amazing

Sasha: uhm... no i've seen you're art and you're underselling it. but i get not being sure what you want to do, you know you best girl so if you're not sure dw you have plenty of time to figure it out, and if you need help ik you got some good people around you

Mae: yeah ik, idk we'll see ig

Sasha: :) see you at the party!

***

"I'm surprised you wanna go to this." Mae said to Natalia as they freshened up.

"I don't know, we're in college now. Isn't that what people are age are supposed to do? Go to parties, get drunk, i don't know."

"Since when do you care what other people our age are 'supposed to do'?"

"I don't really, i just thought it would be fun to experience a big party like this and feel like i'm in a movie. A college party at a rich persons house with tons of people i don't know and everyone getting drunk with loud music. It sounds absolutely terrible and i'm gonna be anxious the entire time and sit in the corner. But i think it will be a fun experience you know?"