Chapter 23

You'll never really know the twist of your life, especially when you're too enjoying and you never though about the 'what ifs' in every moment you had. Well as what you all know, that's what happened to me. At the age of sixteen, life has already gave me a great lesson that I'll surely carry and always be remembered 'till my last breath.

It's been a week since that foolish moment happened and yes, I'm actually trying to move on ang live a life again kahit napapaligiran parin ng mga dambuhalang body guards. The five were invisible but I know they're around dressed like a normal civilian, while the other two was on my side to block some unpleasant people around.

The whole week wasn't easy you know. Ilang beses akong kinontak ni Hunter and until now he's still trying to get close to me despite knowing that I was well guarded by those well-trained goons.

Ilang beses narin akong nakapag palit palit ng number dahil kahit sina Jace lang ang binibigyan ko ng number, nakocontact parin ako ni Hunter. There was even a time when I was so tempted to talk to him to hear his explanations and of course, established closure so we'll both live a guilt-free lifetime and forget our history.

Hunter:

I want to have the chance of explaining. Kahit 30 minutes lang. I just want to explain everything because you all misunderstood it!

Ako:

You should really stop Hunter. Let's just forget everything and move on.

Buti nalang at sumagi rin sa isip ko na hindi iyon magandang idea dahil hanggang ngayon, hindi parin maayos ang mga Tan at pamilya namin.

Dagdag pa na maraming lumalabas sa internet tungkol sa amin and mostly fake news or story invented content. Good thing my Mom was a pro in handling those kind of bullshit so the rumors and issues about us was immediately silenced. Again, kudos to my Mom.

"I thought you're not yet allowed to socialize?"
Tanong ni Alyssa habang nilalaro ang shot glass na hawak. Sandra's busy staring at my body guards, and she even check them out. Gosh!

Sinabi ko sa kanila ang nangyari nung nakaraan dahil silang dalawa lang naman ang nakakaalam sa ibang ganap ng buhay ko. And I chose not to spill it with Jace and the rest of my friends 'cause I do not want to tell the whole story to them. I was really avoiding that topic and if I chose to tell them then that means I'll start from the very beginning for them to be able to undertstand my issue.

"Yup. But I was allowed to drink. Though, I was forbidden to talk to strangers."

Sandra chuckled and purred my glass with vodka. Wala naman akong balak mag lasing ngayon kaya hindi ako nag ha-hard drinks. I'm just really here to unwind for a reason that I've been really stressed these past few days.

"I can't believe it really happened to you. I mean, you're what? Sixteen? My gosh that's too much of drama!"
Sandra said with an amused tone.

"True! It's ew? Girl you should really avoid that kind of situation. You don't deserve to be a third party so you should always know your worth."
Alyssa agreed.

Hindi ako umimik doon. I've always known my worth. Alam ko'ng gold ako kaya hindi ako dapat tratuhing bronze.

"Bakit parang nag u-upgrade ang skills ng mga playboys ngayon? They've become good actors and pretenders! That's...wow, I should really take extra careful next time."

"Me too. Kaya nga ng marinig ko ang chismis nakipag hiwalay kaagad ako kay Peter. Mahirap na no. Baka may sabit rin ang isang yun."

My eyes widened at that. Muntik ko na ngang mabuga ang alak sa bibig ko dahil sa narinig.
"Alyssa you what?"