Roxy and Gregory (pt. 3)

Start from the beginning

The deranged automatons followed after him; he jumped over a crate and ran up some stairs. Gregory could hear them closing in behind him, their robotic taunts echoing in the gloomy corridor. He tried to stop in front of some boxes to catch his breath; but suddenly something crashed against the boxes, sending him flying. Freddy kicked the boxes aside, his cold metallic eyes glared at him.

Gregory crawled to his feet and kept running, narrowly avoiding the robot bear's claws. He stumbled upon a square room; in the middle, there seemed to be an office with two side doors. The heavy doors shut behind him just as he slipped inside.

"Gregory! Gregory, can you hear me?"

The young boy jumped in surprise. A wave of relief washed over him, "Roxy, you're back!" he exclaimed.

Roxanne laughed. "It's going to take more than a low battery to stop me! Where are you?"

"I'm in some sort of office. The others found me and are pounding on the door," replied Greg.

"Oh, thank god. The security office's doors will hold them off, as long as you keep them close and there's plenty of power."

Gregory looked at the monitor on the desks; two screens were static but the other was some sort of power meter.

BAM! The door to his right buckled as Monty furiously pounded his fists on the door. Gregory crawled underneath the desk, shaking; he tapped his FazWatch. "Roxy, Monty's pounding on the door. They're only at 15%! I'm not gonna make it." he said.

A pixelated image of Roxy's face appeared on the screen. "Gimme a sec, I'll give you access to the camera system," she said. "Once you do, find an opening and get to the exit! You're running out of time."

The image was replaced with a complex camera map. Gregory quickly scrolled through the feed, looking for his location; the door groaned in protest as the animatronic continued to attack the door. Gregory quickly checked the surrounding cameras. Okay. Freddy was patrolling the hallway. He paused at a corner, inspecting a gift box then he looked over his shoulder; his eyes flashed. Gregory changed the camera, trying to decipher where he was going. His heart pounded against his ribcage.

There! Freddy moved away from some double doors, suddenly interested in a plush toy. Gregory turned off the camera setup, "Roxy, open the door." he said.

"GO!"

The door to his right opened. Gregory dashed for the exit and through some double doors. Finally, he made it to the main entrance! He leaned on his knees, trying to catch his breath; as he did so, he checked the cameras. The others were still looking for him in the security office. Suckers. The young boy cheered then headed towards the entrance. While he loved this place, there was no way he could live here. He got lucky that Roxanne helped him, but eventually, that luck would run out. And that Vanessa lady sure wasn't going to make things easy.

The trapped child sighed in relief then headed towards the doors; his joy was short-lived. He watched in terror as the safety shutters slowly descended over the doors. Gregory ran to it, "NO! W-Wait, I'm still here!" he shouted.

But nobody listened. The shutters hit the polished floor with an empty thunk. Gregory pounded his fists and kicked on the shutters, crying. Now, he was really trapped. Greg may have Roxy on his side, but for how long? How long until what happened to her bandmates happens to her? There's got to be another way out of the mall. He slowly got up and wiped his tears away, "Great... Now what do I do?" he whispered to himself. He should've never snuck into the Pizzaplex. Gregory raised his FazWatch, "Roxy... I'm too late. The doors are closed." he said solemnly.

The wolf's ears drooped. "I'm so sorry, Gregory," she said. "But don't worry! You can escape once the security doors open again at 6 AM. I'm trying to get Vanessa off your tail, so for now, keep moving. The others aren't listening to me, so I can't get them to leave you alone."

"There's gotta be another way I can escape!" exclaimed Gregory.

"I know. But until I find it, you need to keep moving. Gather Comp passes and other items that will make it easier to access areas, keep tabs on the others. I'll try and make my way to you when I can." replied Roxanne.

Gregory nodded. The young boy gulped, then headed his way to a hallway, one he believed he hadn't seen before. Everything seemed so dark, even with the small tinted lights that welcomed the hallway, it felt as though Gregory was being eaten by the darkness.

That's when he heard it, something approaching him. He felt goosebumps aline with his skin, his heart now fighting against his lungs. He quickly turned to face the threat in the darkness and was met with an unforgettable sight.

Freddy stood across from him, dirty from whatever he had gotten into. The dark hallway made it hard to see, but the light above Freddy made it clear to Gregory that he wasn't safe. Freddy stared at him with lifeless eyes, mouth hung open and a small noise coming within. The light flickered above him, and Gregory swore he could hear some sort of lullaby.

Then, the giant bear charged at him. Gregory took off, feeling his feet hit the cold and wet floor as he ran for his life. Freddy was making noises like they were glitching, and it seemed he was trying to spout nonsense to the child.

Gregory took a sharp right, hearing the gates behind him being slammed open and hearing the giant alligator animatronic roar behind him, his loud footsteps making their way into Gregory's ears. He didn't stop, but he felt his lungs burning already. He had no idea if it was from the adrenaline or anything else, but he didn't care. If he stopped, he'd be dead.

That's when he saw double doors up ahead. He mumbled something to himself before bursting his way through, meeting the lights of the plaza. Gregory wasted no time in bolting over to a trashcan and hiding behind. He watched as Freddy and Monty raced out of the doors, then stopped. Monty looked around him, then aggressively stomped on the ground and roared, his visible anger reaching the air. Freddy seemed unfazed, his lifeless eyes narrowed before walking past Monty.

"Come on out, superstar." Freddy cooed, disappearing into the darkness, Monty following behind.

Gregory gritted his teeth. The once friendly bear had turned cold and evil; but how? Freddy was supposed to be nice and happy, almost like a dad to the kids. But now, he was chasing a child on sight, and Greg wasn't born yesterday; he knew what would happen if he got caught. Fazbear Entertainment had a shopping list of gruesome deaths. There was that one kid that got his head chewed off, the guy that died in that spring lock suit. The poor technicians that were found hanging from the ceiling in an underground storing facility. Honestly, Gregory was shocked that the company was still a thing.

He shook his head. No time for negatives. As Roxanne said, he needed to collect comp passes and access the other areas; maybe, with some luck, he would find another exit. Preferably before the others got their claws on him. Before Freddy and Monty found him, he remembered seeing a display with one of those wind-up prize boxes. There could be one there.

Gregory pulled up the security feed again. Monty was walking around the main square, a security bot lurked by; Freddy stood by the second floor, near the escalators. Those cursed bluish-purple eyes scanned the dimly lit plaza. Gregory scoffed, "Come on... move, Tin Can Man." he whispered.

Freddy stood on the second floor, then huffed. His ears drooping, the bear retreated to the first floor. Monty scowled at him but didn't say anything. He balled his fists then punched the security bot; the unfortunate metal creature flew and crashed into a wall. Wires and bent machinery peeked from its battered head. Its hands and eyes twitched for a moment, creating a mechanical groan...then silence.

The animatronics glared at each other but moved on. They walked through some red doors then disappeared into the darkness. Gregory left his hiding place and doubled back. There, brightened by lights, was a table. A cartoon banner of the Glamrocks hung above it, and on the table was the prize box. Gregory snatched it and opened it. Yes! A complimentary pass. With this, he could open the gate by the entrance hallway and make his way to some of the shops. Gregory took a deep breath. From here on out, it was stealth. So, unless he didn't want to get twisted into a meat pretzel, he would crouch and avoid those pesky security bots. Monty won't always be around and angry to decommission them for him.