He's a Doll!

Depuis le début

"Yeah, the original gang. Maman, papa, you, Auntie Alya and Auntie Chloé."

"Wicked!" As much as the trio of men got along, Nino couldn't deny that he was sometimes jealous of Adrien's relationship with Luka. The two having children only a short time apart drew them closer and the fact Luka was one of Marinette's best friends too, didn't help the situation. So when Adrien called in emergencies, Nino couldn't help the little growth in his heart.

They walked into the house just in time to see Alya dashing towards the bathroom. "Make sure he naps on the walk, and don't come back until he's had at least forty five minutes."

Before Nino could respond Alya had made her way into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Reuben had been going through a 'Wonder Week' or as Nino liked to call it 'I wonder how to shut the baby up' week, and sleep had been replaced with screaming at a pitch he only thought was suitable for fending off cats. Therefore, being the amazing husband he is, he offered to take their little cherub out of the house for a while and give his wonderful wife a break and, hopefully, a nap.

Walking into the lounge area of the apartment, Nino saw Emma walking out of the room cooing. He always thought it was adorable how his 'niece' loved Rueben; she made sure he was never at a loss for cuddles and kisses. She always asked Marinette if they could swap Hugo for the little boy each time they came around. It was sweet.

"You want to come with me, Lou?"

"Sure," he placed his Nintendo Switch on the coffee table before messing around with the buttons on his smart watch. "I need another five thousand steps to hit my daily goal."

"Emma? You want to come for a walk?" Nino shouted out of the room only to be met with a quick 'no' before he turned back to Louis. "Al, Emma's staying here." He shouted towards the bathroom before turning to his Godson, "let's go."

Placing his hands on the pushchair handles, Nino led the two of them out the door of their ground floor apartment, and out onto the street.

"So how's school?" Nino asked, only to be met by a shrug.

"It's okay."

"Are the classes alright? Are you struggling with any?" Louis burst out laughing and Nino couldn't help but think about how much like his father he looked when he did. His smile was pure Agreste.

"You're funny, Uncle Nino." Louis said, calming down. "They're giving me next year's work so I don't get bored. Uncle Max seems to think they won't be able to keep me in the class for much longer. He said that if it wasn't for my Papa they would have moved him up a year, but instead the two competed for the highest scores."

That was true, but it wasn't just those two. "Your Maman was surprisingly smart as well, especially considering she used to sleep through most classes."

Louis laughed, "Papa said he was surprised she graduated."

"We all were."

They reached the crosswalk and waited for the light to change so they could cross, when two teens came to stand beside them, both of them turned their heads to look into the pushchair.

"Oh my God, he's a doll." One of the girls laughed, only for the bleeping of the crossing to cover the rest of their conversation.

Nino laughed, looking every bit the proud father. "Thank you," he called after them, and the two carried on walking. "That was nice wasn't it? I mean I know he's cute, just look at his maman, but to call him a doll, I'm thrilled."

They carried on around the corner and in front of the gang's old collège. Nino began to tell Louis the story about how his parents fell in love with each other on the steps, and how Adrien finally asked her out on a date on the same steps a year later. As Nino gestured enthusiastically to Louis, Mr Damocles exited the school and came bounding down the staircase. Stopping at the bottom he looked at Nino, and a look of recognition took over his face.