(1) Some Kind Of Disaster

TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR: alcohol, mentions of self harm, injury (not self inflicted though), & suicidal thoughts. lmk if there's any i should add!

~_~_~_~

Bar. Vodka. Fight. Rian. Home.

That's become his usual. Getting drunk three times a month, picking a fight with the tallest guy there, and finally calling Rian to pick him up. Right when the black eye from his last fight started to heal, he'd be hit with another. Of course, that was his own fault, and really, Rian wasn't the only one putting up with all his shit.

Like tonight. Instead of calling his friend, who was so close to pulling an "intervention", he mis clicks on Zack's contacts and doesn't realize until he's picked up.

"Hey, Jack." He's hopeful. In a sober state of mind, Jack would feel horrible for making Zack have to hope that his friend on the other line wasn't drunk, high, or overall in a shit mood.

'Course, he is intoxicated and couldn't care less. "Hiiii Zackyy!" He doesn't realize how loud he's being until a group of people walking into the bar shoot him a look.

He hears Zack sigh. "What bar are you at?"

Jack turns around, stumbling as he does so. "Can't.. mm, read it," he murmurs. The light of the bars sign is too bright to see. "The one.. downtown."

"There's like, three bars downtown Jack." He hears his friend getting up, and the sound of what he assumes to be keys shaking. "Ask someone around or something, I'm about to leave."

"Noo," Jack whines. "Meant to call Ri. You don't need to bother."

Zack is silent long enough for Jack to wonder if he's hung up or his phone died. "Uhuh. Well you called me, and Rian is busy right now, so figure out where you are."

"Can drive meself home." Jack starts walking towards his car, or where he thought his car was, when really he'd taken an Uber to the bar.

"No, you can't," Zack says firmly. Stay fuckin' put, okay? Is your Snap location on?"

"Ewie." Jack scrunches his nose. "Snapchat."

"Well, you've got it anyways." There's more incoherent murmuring from Zack. "Okay, I'm on my way. Can you sit outside the bar and wait for me?"

"Sounds good." Jack holds a thumbs up, then laughs to himself when he remembers Zack can't see him.

Zack hangs up shortly after and Jack stumbles back to the bar. Time passed more slowly when he was drunk, but it also seemed to skip segments, and in a second he was moving from a sitting position on the cement and into Zack's car.

"Hiya," he greets, leaning over to kiss Zack, but he's roughly pushed away.

"Don't kiss me when you're drunk," his friend spits, then turning his head towards Jack with a softer look. "Fuck, I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you, Jay." He sighs, turning his eyes back towards the road and runs a hand through his hair. "What if don't call us one night, drive yourself home instead? What if you drink too much? Why are you drinking so much? Why won't you open up to me?" Tears fill his eyes, and he looks to Jack, but Jack's in a daze. "You can't even hear me, can you?"

"MMmmm," Jack groans. "Don't cry, Zacky." He lifts his thumb and starts to wipe the tears away, but Zack grabs his wrist.

"Don't. Just, I'll take you back to mine."

Jack hums, leaning against the leather seat. The lights of the city blinded him, but he couldn't look away. Maybe it's because he was drunk, or they really were that mesmerizing.