Reunion - Part 15

Start from the beginning

Senna wasn't wearing her glove, and she trailed her metal hand up Fives's chest. "I have to ask you something, Fives," she said quietly, her tone low and sultry.

He snatched her cybernetic limb, bringing it to his lips as he kept his eyes locked on hers. "Anything for you, ma'am."

Senna leaned closer. "Has that line ever worked on anything with a pulse?"

Fives's brows furrowed and his eyes narrowed before the glint of blue on her ring finger caught his attention. Pulling her hand back from his face, his eyes widened as he recognized the blue Jaig eyes etched just below her knuckle. He gave her a lop-sided grin. "I think I've been set up."

"Oh, you absolutely have," Senna cackled, dropping the act. She patted his cheek. "Nice try though."

"You weren't going to stop me, Rex?" Fives asked, raising an eyebrow as Senna backed up into Rex's arms.

"Oh, I don't think I needed to. You seemed to be doing fine on your own," Rex chuckled. "You're lucky you caught on before you really stuck your foot in your mouth. She'd have eaten you alive."

Fives rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as Hunter and Gregor burst into laughter. Echo was quietly giggling next to him, and Fives shoved him in the shoulder. "You could have warned me, traitor."

"What and spoil the fun?" Echo laughed. Straightening, Echo's eyes focused on a point behind Senna and Rex, a smile lighting up his face. Rex turned and followed his gaze.

Captain Gregar Typho and Padmé Amidala's former handmaiden Sabé had just entered the hall. The two of them had been in and out of the Yavin base since their escape from Naboo with Senna and Clone Force 99, and while no one had ever come out and explicitly said it, Rex had noted that both Typho and Sabé had certain people they ensured were greeted first upon each of their returns. Typho grinned and headed for the table where Hunter and Gregor were sitting, and Sabé's eyes were scanning the hall until they settled on Echo, and her cheeks flushed.

"Hey, isn't that the one handmaiden? The one that threatened me the one time?" Fives asked, but Echo wasn't listening, already striding towards Sabé before breaking into a jog. She met him halfway, leaping into his arms, and he picked her up, twirling her around as she tipped her head back and laughed. As Echo set her back down, she stood up on her tiptoes, cradling his face as she pressed a long kiss to his lips.

Rex turned back to look at Fives and almost burst out laughing. Fives's jaw was slack, his eyes wide as he watched his shy twin openly kiss Sabé. He shook his head, muttering under his breath. "You disappear for a while and the whole place goes topsy-turvy. Next you're going to tell me the Emperor is actually a Gungan." Rex just grinned in response, patting him on the shoulder.

Senna had strode towards the table where the others were sitting, leaving Rex and Fives standing alone together. Rex watched as she plopped down next to Captain Typho, slapping him on the shoulder as she greeted him. He felt Fives watching him and turned to meet his gaze. His brother had a smirk plastered across his features.

"So, I'm guessing Atiniir wasn't always her name."

"It wasn't. She was originally Senna Aven. Says she wanted a change after everything that happened though. Doesn't feel her old surname really suited her now."

"You have a new last name as well?" Fives teased. "Those Jaig eyes seemed to be placed on a very specific finger."

"Not yet, but I do plan to take that one when it's all said and done," Rex replied. "We chose it together."

"Why haven't you already?"

Rex sighed. "It's a long story. The two of us were paired together on an undercover mission on Lothal. That's where I found out she was a Jedi, and she learned of how I survived Order 66. That's kind of where everything started for us. Then, an Inquisitor showed up, a Force user aligned with the Empire. He took her hand, and we narrowly escaped. I think that's where our paths started to diverge." His mind drifted back to the morning he'd awoken on Ryloth to find her gone, and his stomach clenched slightly at the memory. Taking a deep breath, he continued. "We were separated for a while, and I thought I'd perhaps lost her for good. She was afraid her presence put me at risk, so she left, thinking that would keep me safe. Guess she figured out I'm always getting myself into trouble, regardless of whether or not she's around." He chuckled. "She only showed back up a little while ago, and it didn't take long for us to pick back up where we left off."