There's a pause, a sudden tightness in the atmosphere which makes taehyung's back prickle with guilt.

Jungkook didn't know namjoon's dad was actually kept as a bait, one wrong move, one minute wasted and he would be wiped away from the face of earth permanently.

The man who wanted to kill joon's father was also the person they were supposed to kill and he wouldn't appear until he was given a bait, so there was no other choice rather than sending him the address of his good old rival's dad which had somehow managed to be namjoon's since he had bankrupted his account once.

Although it was actually joon he was supposed to be mad at, no one could ever raise a hand against him so the anonymous man was instead aiming for his old, sick father.

That's how most revengeful people worked, always trying to get to the vulnerable when they fail to lay a finger on their enemy.

If everything went well and the boys got successful in reaching the hospital before that man could, they could easily get mister kim to somewhere safe, pretend like taehyung is actually him by slipping beneath the sheets and also murder the other person smoothly.

So yes, it was once again a battle against time.

Of course taehyung didn't want to use his own best friend's dad as a bait but he didn't have any other choice. His grandfather was dying on the bed of seoul national hospital and there wasn't enough money for his thyroid surgery, even with all the gang's savings combined, they couldn't get the full amount with medications and all since they were just a rising gang with their leader as an 18 year old.

So one of the agents who worked under tae had told him about this mafia who was willing to pay all the money he wanted if he managed to kill the man who was also 'coincidentally' after namjoon's father but the only problem was he barely came out of his hideout so using a bait was the only way to lure him into this whole 'trap'

Agent A had promised taehyung that the underground mafia would pay him for his work, no matter how high the amount was so he got compelled to complete this task not for himself but for the love of his only guardian.

"No one's after him but let's speed up the process. I want to go home to see seo's red lingerie" the older brother mumbles, earning a chuckle from jungkook as both of them make their way into a dark alley wedged discreetly between dilapidated buildings, their walls chipped and eaten by weather and time.

The smell of garbage and smoke is evident, trickling of drain water echoing through the otherwise silent path while the two men walk wordlessly.

Despite the multiple questions popping inside jungkook's head, he chooses to stay silent because of his blind trust towards taehyung, the guy whom he had more faith in than himself.

Both of them carefully stride through the pathway squeezed between two huge buildings, knuckles brushing against the bricks every time they rocked their hands a bit too hard.

Jungkook fishes a black mask out of his pocket and covers his face before putting his hood on, followed by taehyung who does the same. The red gem clasped in the handle of both their daggers shine among the pitch black surroundings.

Then taehyung peers up at the one street light which was still flickering before sending a text to someone, soon after which, it lights off as well.