77 - Reasons

Taehyung looks down at his tattooed fingers fumbling with the trigger of his handgun before he glances at the rear view mirror to see jungkook sitting on the back seat with an emotion less stare on his cuffed wrists.

He was kept between two of kang's most trained men just to ensure he wouldn't try to fight back the agents, inky black strands of hair framing his features as he hangs his head low.

It was hard to assume what he could possibly be thinking about since his face had gone completely blank. He had always been the most unpredictable when it came to situations like these.
A soft sigh rolls off of taehyung's lips once he throws his head back and peers at the car's ceiling, the driver who was seated next to him glances at his face as if asking for the permission to speed up and upon getting a nod from tae, he presses the gas pedal to slightly increase the pace.

A fresh blow of wind ruffles taehyung's bangs and he can't help but shut his eyes close for a moment, jungkook's voice still reverberating in his ear drums.

"Once a traitor, always a traitor"

flashback: 3 years ago

"How much is he going to pay us for this again?" Jungkook asks, eyebrows furrowed in full concentration as he watches taehyung read a text on his phone.

The older male nibbles on his lower lip before roughly combing his hair back, "enough for my grandpa's surgery" he lowly mumbles.

Jungkook doesn't say anything and simply nods, eyes glued to the dagger he had gripped on for nearly twenty minutes now. Its sharp edges shone in the dim moonlight, illuminating his entire face which he found unnaturally beautiful despite knowing it was going to be covered in blood after a few minutes.

He swallows a lump down his aching throat and sucks in a sharp breath.

This was it, his first mission as a leader.

Not just some troublesome kid working under namjoon, he had fought for this title and he had to prove it to his hyungs that he wasn't going to be the next leader of bangtan just because of his dad. He was actually capable of the title he held and he wanted to show it somehow, through this mission.

Once the wheels of the truck the two boys had been sneakily riding on stop rolling, taehyung nudges his partner with his elbow and both of them scurry their way to hop out of the trunk, randomly kicking some boxes full of goods on their way out.

Jungkook tries his best to be silent, harsh breaths gradually fading to soft sighs when his feet come in contact with the ground.

The cold wintry breeze embalms his skin as he stuffs his hands inside his jacket's pockets and looks at taehyung who nods, "you know what our first priority should be?" he questions.

"Namjoon hyung's dad" the raven haired mumbles before looking around at the crowded road.

Seoul was always full of liveliness even during late nights.

"Yeah, he must be asleep right now, we need to make sure nothing wrong happens to him" he says, fastening his pace until the sound of his footsteps resonate against the sidewalk.

Jungkook feels adrenaline pump through his veins at that reminder, lungs getting filled with the night air, "but it's not like someone is after him at the moment, is it? We just need to go and help him get a discharge then kill some random dude right?" he questions, still unable to understand why they were going to meet namjoon's dad at this hour when it could've been easily handled tomorrow morning.