Prologue

He looked at me with that look in his eyes that I hate the most, one that is past melancholy and desperation, beyond all the hurt and pain—emptiness. Numbed by all of the emotions, he stands in front of me like he'd already given up and had accepted how our fate turned out to be.

He is drenched by the torrential rain that had poured over us, but his eyes never let the angry raindrops blur his view of me. He looked at me straight in the eyes, unblinking, as if trying to memorize every detail.

He takes a step closer.

And he gives me a smile, probably the last one he'll ever give me.

"I wish you still looked at me the way you looked at me back when you couldn't see," he says and my heart begins to crumble more than it already is. "I know you weren't exactly looking at me, but someone I felt like I was seen."

I clench my jaw and grit my teeth tight, gathering what's left of my strength to hold out the facade that I've been putting up. I want to release the breath I have been holding in, let my tears out, reach out for him and tell him that though I couldn't look at him the same way, all this time my heart was. That I wanted him—every bit of him to stay.

And yet I couldn't.

The feigned indifference remains on my face as I watch him force out one last bitter smile.

"Goodbye, Yaya." He turns around and walks away.

Nadech! I wanted to yell and run after him, and yet I couldn't. I just look at him, watching him until he disappears from my sight. Until the very last second, my eyes were on him.

My eyes have always been on you, I wanted to tell him.

When I no longer see him, my eyes release the waterfall of tears that had been pooling over the base of my eyes. Even the bullet-like raindrops are unable to conceal the pain that came along my every teardrop, each one of them a part of me that falls to the ground and breaks into a million pieces. I had been through this before, the pain and aching are not new, but this time it isn't me who is walking away.

This time it is him.

---

Hi! I don't know if you remember me but this is nadechyaya10(wattpad and twitter). I've lost access to my previous accounts that's why I've created a new one. I've been gone for quite awhile, but my love for writing remains, just as much as my love for NY. I offer you this story, and I hope you'll enjoy it with me. 

I'm on twitter again, @ xxwriternimxx. I hope to see you there. I'll be posting snippets and updates there. 

It's good to be back. See you guys soon!